Adventure/Survival/Retro/Supermoto CX final photos! - Page 16
Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Adventure/Survival/Retro/Supermoto CX final photos!

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
    So, here's the latest changes to the bike. New seat, and moved the battery under the engine.

Charles.

What did you do for the radiator wings? Are they fabricated or from a Goldwing? Sry if you said and I missed it. How much would you say they made a difference? I live in south florida and it gets hot and I could use a little extra help cooling.
    1980 CX500D Cafe'd "Like A Boss"

They're fabricated from Goldwing wings. Cut and weld, then lots of bondo and putty and sanding.

Charles.
    Visit my Blog: Modified Motorcycles By ChopperCharles at http://choppercharles.com

Oh, missed the last half of that question. Because of my high-mounted fender, without the radiator wings the electric fan was always on, even in fast moving traffic. One day the ground wire for my electric fan came loose, and even riding at 55 on country back roads in the shade on an 80 degree day, the bike was overheating. There was just no flow through the radiator. That was the day i decided wings were an absolute necessity. Now the fan only kicks on in stop and go traffic, the wings work wonderfully. Difference was night and day.

Charles.
    Visit my Blog: Modified Motorcycles By ChopperCharles at http://choppercharles.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

So, revisiting this. I've settled on a better description for the bike - "650 Street Scrambler". And those are not the final pics, not by a long shot. I've made a bunch of changes since then. I've gone with wire wheels for starters, I've reconfigured the shock linkage and mounting bracket to fit that Hayabusa shock correctly (was a clevis-to-clevis mount, now it's a clevis-to-eye mount like it's supposed to be), I've put on wave rotors and EBC kevlar pads, and the latest change now is getting rid of the high fender and going with a nice normal mount. Had to fabricate some brackets, but it turned out pretty good. Originally the fender was chrome, and I... well, didn't love it. Some Plasti-Dip and a few hours got me a black fender, which I'm digging more. I'm going to order the black version of this fender, and then put pinstripes on it to match the tank, and use the plasti-dipped fender on my EX500 Ninja project. (Fender is a perfect fit on the EX500)

So, latest pic is here:

Name:  IMG_3072.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  2.04 MB

Just a little cell-phone shot on a cloudy day. I'll clean her up and take some better shots later!

Charles.
    cx500slacker and OCR like this.

Very Tasty. Workmanship is smooth and precise.
    Gloria's Story including PartII> I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands. Part III included at the end of the link.

Forum Settings that everyone should make

Photo and Video posting Tips

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's
    with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

Please go to that App's settings, and disable the "auto signature" feature. Thanks.

The bike is almost done. I want to have the seat recovered, add new grips, and a windshield. Oh and I have a luggage rack I've fabricated, but haven't mounted yet. That's about it.

Charles.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Sponsored Links