I cant seem to post a direct video from photo bucket to the forum-tried the embed code, doesnt work.Just click on the picture of the video and it will take you to it.
Ok so now that i made sure the the bike is 100% i started taking it apart to the frame. Took everything down.
I usually take everything apart to the last bolt.I want the bike to be as clean as it can be.
First thing front fork rebuild. New seals and 15W oil. You now how the bolt on the bottom is usually very tight and most of the time strips?Well on this bike it was as easy as 1-2. Actually more i went into it, i saw that no bolt was stripped.So this bike had no work done to it to the engine,wheels,carbs or frame.
Here they are polished to a mirror finish.I like polishing.The end result is beautiful, and there is no paint to worry about. Its clean aluminum.
Next i swapped both front and rear rims with original comstars. The bike originally had the inverted ones-they are too skinny for my taste.
A new set of Bridgestone Spitfire's 11F(awesome tires-worth every penny, not cheap tho), with epoxy paint. I started prepping everything for paint. The frame and engine was done in 2 tones-cast aluminum and semi-flat black. Her are some pictures of the wheels, frame,swing arm,front forks,from disk, tank,triple trees and starter.
Here are the rear shocks polished to a mirror finish as well.