AP1 Build Thread: '83 CX650 Cafe Racer - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: AP1 Build Thread: '83 CX650 Cafe Racer

AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_ATX View Post
    Get it man. Bring her back from the dead.

Also, welcome to the forum! TONS of great info on here. Dont forget to finish filling out your profile and throw your bike specs in your signature for future questions

Brad
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm in the process of finishing up my profile right now. Thanks again!

Pretty aggressive and impressive outing for a youngster. Considering the legal drinking age is 21, you've got a few years before you bodge things up due to that (assuming you are a good law abiding Southern man).

You've also got some great members in close proximity to assist if things get hairy. MurrayF, Phil in Lowgap, and several others.

Great platform bike, I hope you can keep the thing structurally able to handle the powerplant. It's got some poop to it.

Welcome aboard.

Joel in the Couve

P.S. you didn't state if you are sure it runs right. That should always be the first thing to get after, then deal with modifications.
    The WIKI has a factory service manual you can download free. Before you get too deep, get the powerplant and associated items right. I have a link below.

Joel
    Last edited by ramprat06; 03-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by ramprat06 View Post
    Pretty aggressive and impressive outing for a youngster. Considering the legal drinking age is 21, you've got a few years before you bodge things up due to that (assuming you are a good law abiding Southern man).

You've also got some great members in close proximity to assist if things get hairy. MurrayF, Phil in Lowgap, and several others.

Great platform bike, I hope you can keep the thing structurally able to handle the powerplant. It's got some poop to it.

Welcome aboard.

Joel in the Couve

P.S. you didn't state if you are sure it runs right. That should always be the first thing to get after, then deal with modifications.
    The WIKI has a factory service manual you can download free. Before you get too deep, get the powerplant and associated items right. I have a link below.

Joel
    Hahaha. Yeah, I'm not much of a drinker. But I've been around bikes for a little while now, although I've never owned or built one and I know what I want the bike to look like when I'm finished and that's giving me the drive to do it. The bike runs just fine, it's just not assembled at the moment. A friend and I turned it over for the first time the other day by bypassing the starter solenoid and discovered that it was no good, so I've picked up a new one and will be putting that on shortly. Still trying to decide what I want to do about a battery. If anyone has any suggestions on a smaller-than-factory, easily tucked battery for these bikes, let me know or send me a link. Thanks
    -1983 CX650c R.I.P
    -1980 CX500c "Ol'Unreliable"
    -1981 CX500c Build in Progress
    Build Thread: http://cx500forum.com/forum/cx-custo...e-racer-2.html

Car Enthusiast, S2000 Owner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

AP1
    Just for laughs, here is the stock cx650 seat that was given to me by the previous owner. He absolutely ruined it to say the least:
    -1983 CX650c R.I.P

AP1
    Sorry for lack of updates, everyone. Been busy with school and other things. I hope to have some new pictures and updates by the end of this weekend. Stay tuned.
    -1983 CX650c R.I.P

AP1
    Hi, everyone. The CX has come a ways since I last updated this. As of about 2 weeks ago, I got it running well, got a temporary seat and lights on her and continued to play with some electrical gremlins. I got it legal, got it insured and rode it every single day last week. Last week alone, I rode it right at 700 miles. Unfortunately as of Monday night (4-28-14) I was riding home and was involved in a hit and run accident on the bike. I was cruising home at about 50mph and someone pulled out in front of me, I locked up the brakes and hit them. It tossed me from the bike a good 8-10 feet. In short, the CX650 is totaled. The frame is bent right at the swing arm pivot, the swing arm itself is bent, the rear suspension is broken and severely bent and some small other issues. Luckily, I did not get too hurt. Directly after the accident happened, I got off the ground, walked over to my bike and picked it up, and the man who pulled out in front of me drove off. Unfortunately, I was too flustered to get a plate number, but I did give the cops a description of the vehicle. Here are the last pictures I got of the bike before the accident.
    She was ugly and a huge work in progress, but she was my first bike and I was having so much fun riding. It's a shame how quickly things can happen... RIP CX650
    Last edited by AP1; 05-01-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    -1983 CX650c R.I.P

So sorry that happened man. Glad youre ok. Time to get a cx500 now!
    Current bike - 81 CX500C street tracker - DONE (For now...) My Build
    "Keep Calm and Chive On"

i have more cx650s
    GET AN OIL FILTER ADAPTER

Order The Quick Build Exhaust Pipes

GET A QUICKSET VALVE TOOL

Way to many bikes to maintain this list LOL !!

email me at murray at murrayscarbs.com

AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_ATX View Post
    So sorry that happened man. Glad youre ok. Time to get a cx500 now!
    I think I've already got a 500 in the works. I hope to continue with a cafe/ brat theme with it, but swap in the 650 motor. Already looking into the details of the swap. I will keep everyone posted with what I decide to do. I think I'll continue on this build thread with the new bike.
    -1983 CX650c R.I.P

Good luck with the revised build mate! And I hope they catch the asshole that hit you....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links