Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Poor mans Project 1979 CX500" Reserection"

13K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  purplecx500 
#1 ·
The time has come for me to post a project !!!

This is something new for me. I have never been much of a picture taker.

One common theme with projects and I quote "Its just become too much for me so I am selling it please take it away" .

Another quote "I didn't know how expensive it was going to be"

Goal to do a driveway build with tools that most hobbyists should have can rent or borrow.

So I went and got the cheapest nastiest CX500 on Craigslist a 1979 Standard Plastic Maggot .

I am going to count every dollar spent and an approximation of hours to complete.

Some may say: You can't count gas or insurance or license ,to those I say if its out of pocket it counts,

if it came with the bike and its sold it is a credit . Basic TCI :total cost involved . KIR:keep it real !!

Spare parts that are in stock will be assigned a fair market value.

I will not give a running total those who follow can add as well or better than I can .

Definition of complete: clean safe roadworthy well maintained and fits my personal needs and likes

and resembles the low budget builds that are inspiration for Cafe Racers all over the planet . Less is more.

Went to Clovis Ca. to look at the bike made toe deal paid $125 had to put in an extra $35 saved about $12 by combining

a trip to Bakersfield ,ordered a set of Harley mufflers from ebay the best price found $27.50 free shipping.

rattle bombs from local hardware store on sale $ 12 . Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport

This is what I got to start with. Sat under a tree for at least 14 years.

More to come........ hope this will inspire someone to bring a bike back to life.

Don't junk them save them....the sad reality is some will give their parts so others may live .

See less See more
#53 ·
Got the boots for the caliper sliders today.

Tryin to get the GLI out of the work area

Multi Chaos can go in.

its been stalled for over a yr.

#55 ·
i haven't seen her on here in a long while, but wasn't Dakota's bike named Chaos?? She last was on here 12-6-16. Indeed! 1982 GL500 "Chaos"

#56 · (Edited)
Actually Multi Chaos 6 engine

Super Mod. Pulling Tractor.

retired (broken) early 2000's

General Chaos 1994 video game

Chaos Pickup class pulling tractor.

There is nothing new under the sun.

If somebody can come up with something

totally original that sounds cool throw it out

there see if it sticks

Chaotic System Demonstrators

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YRqyYv9fb0Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Martin Brothers Pulling Tractors. Martin. Get Free Image About Wiring Diagram

My faves a The Three-Body Problem In Newtonian Physics.

and Dual Double Pendulum

all can be seen active in Java.

(maybe) .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.