Zero and the C-monster - Page 10
Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Zero and the C-monster

Thanks, guys. I grabbed an M20x1.5 drain plug on my lunch break today. Had a bunch to do after work so I haven't had a chance to get out to the shop and check it. I'll update when I have progress.
    Simultaneous build threads here... http://cx500forum.com/forum/cx-custo...c-monster.html
    '83 GL650I -- Zero
    '82 CX500c -- The C monster

Finally got it all back together. That Subaru drain plug was a huge failure. Whatever blend of Chinesium it was made of was no match for the Honda flywheel hub. Ordered an actual puller and had to wait almost a week for it to show up. I ended up replacing the chain and also the broken roll pin. The guide looked good and since I couldn't locate a new replacement anyway it got reused. Then I kept running across seals and gaskets that were missing from my "complete" gasket kit. More waiting. Anyway, got it all cleaned up and back together along with a carb rebuild. I put the Sportster mufflers back on and picked up some paint for a tank and fender repaint.

Runs great, no leaks, no more ticking sound. Took a 2 hour ride and snapped this single photo in front of what was formally the admin building where my parents went to high school. Campus is now abandoned and there are some small businesses working out of a couple of the buildings.

So it's back on the road! I'm going to take care of some small details then it's up for sale. Moving in the next month and don't have room for it at the next place.
    OCR and nolimitz like this.
    Simultaneous build threads here... http://cx500forum.com/forum/cx-custo...c-monster.html
    '83 GL650I -- Zero
    '82 CX500c -- The C monster

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links