New Hampshire 81 cx500 deluxe bobber build - Page 10
Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: New Hampshire 81 cx500 deluxe bobber build

Haven't posted in a while. Life gets complicated sometimes and the CX was put on hold for a while. Finally got some warm weather in NH and spent Saturday installing the replacement Rae-San hall Effect. Bike fired right up and ran excellent. Finally wired up the speedo on the Danmoto unit. After some test miles I decided to roll the dice, packed up some tools and put over 200 miles on her. no leaks, noises or any surprises. The bike is very quick and nimble. I just want to thank everyone on forum for all your help. Couldn't have done it without you.

Name:  IMG_1543.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  1.11 MBName:  IMG_1544.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  1.28 MBName:  IMG_1550.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  1.01 MBName:  IMG_1570.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  816.0 KB
    purplecx500, OCR and flyinelvis like this.
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

Hey what fender is that on the front of the bike? I like it!

Charles.
    Visit my Blog: Modified Motorcycles By ChopperCharles at http://choppercharles.com

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    So its like Christmas. Got most of the parts for the triple bypass. rae-san is being shipped. G8 and murray's carbs arrived. Dan Moto 180 looks like it belongs there. I also decided to switch directions on the fan. I read so many post about doing the E-fan conversion. I thought that the stock were no longer produced so I had bought a Ducati fan but after a classic murray blunt conversation I saw the light and bought a shiny new stock fan. The thing I love about this forum is the wealth of knowledge. My original budget for this build was 3k and have since adjusted to 4k which is less than what I put into the engine of my Victory last year alone!

Attachment 34299Attachment 34300
    What headlight bucket is that? I may need to get a bucket that is deeper than my stock one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

What makes this a Bobber over a Cafe? When I look at this, I see Cafe and when I think Bobber I think standard tank, straight pipes, and lower seat. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm legitimately curious.
    1980 CX500C- Owned for 6yrs Been sitting for 4 due to military life.
    gonna need some TLC

OCR
    The main difference is that cafe usually have low or turned down handlebars.
    Bobber will have either stock or higher, possibly "ape hangers" no matter what seat style is used.
    Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
    Caroline Lodge # 681
    RAM Fidelity # 77

'79CX500C

http://www.cx500forum.com/mediawiki

we are all given sh*t in life, but some of us learn to turn it into fertilizer and grow from it, and some us try to fling it on others like monkeys.

It's simple. Bobber = show. Cafe = go.

If it's got more show than go, it's a bobber. If it's more go than show, it's a cafe racer. To be considered a cafe racer, the modifications you make to it must actually improve the handling in some way, and the bike should also (at least loosely) adhere to the cafe aesthetic (simple, see-through, flat seat you can move around on, rearset foot controls and leaned-forward hand controls).

This bike to me tends to be more bobber than cafe. Put a better front end and 17" rims with modern rubber front and back, and it would lean more towards the cafe side of things. The seat is very bobber-esque, but that can be overlooked if there are other cafe-like mitigations.

Charles.
    luke_holloway likes this.
    Visit my Blog: Modified Motorcycles By ChopperCharles at http://choppercharles.com

Lol to me I always considered Bobber to be more of the seat style will cafe's tend to have a tail. I based this off the Distinguished Gentleman's guide but who knows. The 2017 Distinguished Gentlemans Ride : Style Guide

The front fender is simply cut in half and re welded in the middle. The light I ordered from Speedmoto and had powder coated. https://www.speedmotoco.com/8-Motorc.../dan-stark.htm
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

Decided to order a new Galfer front brake line for the scoot. I had a lot of slack from switching to the tracker bars and am weary of 40 year old rubber.
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

was cleaning up the garage and ran across two brass rods. In my excitement to get the bike back together I forgot to do the mod and swap the plugs. Name:  IMG_1714.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  487.7 KBName:  IMG_1715.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  669.2 KB
    flyinelvis likes this.
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

Decided not to spend the money on the Motogadget handlebar turn signals and go a different route. My new front turn signals finally arrived yesterday so I fabbed up a bracket. Visibility is great and they seem to be great quality with all aluminum construction. Name:  IMG_1818.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  656.7 KBName:  IMG_1824.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  647.4 KBName:  IMG_1832.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  1.05 MB
    OCR likes this.
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links