big 1000, Yes i finished the surface with 000 steel wool.
The heads are now done, ( Actually the engine is almost done by now ) I will update in rapid succession.
The heads were not that complicated, i sent the head to be re machined, and lapped the old valves back in. I was how ever temped to buy / make new valves, but decided that the old ones were in good enough condition to re install. They seem to have some heavy pitting never the less.
Baked the new paint job on, My Wife loved me for it. She told that i will need to go and buy a new oven. I got to admit smoke was pretty thick. But what matters is the end result and i could not be happier with this kind of paint adhesion. Had to break the old guide pins, quickly machined a set of new ones for the heads.
Starter Motor was done, it was filled with some random universal lubricant...
Sodablasted everything washed, degreased and re soldered missing pieces, Now i need to just go and find me a brass nuts for electric connector.
And While i was at it, I made a new set of motor screws, bought this 5mm threaded A2 rod, And machined heads of from few allen key bolts. Soldered everything back with silver solder. Works like a charm.
Copper paste might be a little overkill for this, but hey at least i won't be fighting with stuck bolts again.
Last and the first pictures are taken with cellphone camera i accidentally dropped my good camera and now its toast. I will get a new one asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.