below are some pics of the bike today, about 2 months after getting it.
I took some 18 gauge sheet metal and banged out a seat pan for my new seat. Will get that done by Ginger at New Church Moto.
The engine is all buttoned back up and hopefully it will run good.
Front end including forks and caliper were rebuilt.
The mid pipes are the cafe units from Murray. I also ordered some of murray's POD filters.
The silencers are stock Dyna Harley that I found on craigslist for $25. They were brand new, take-offs.
As for the frame, I hacked off the back and welded some plugs into the ends. A front fender from an XS650 as cut down and welded onto rear of frame for the back fender. I have a small battery box being made for me to hold the antigravity 8 cell pack underneath the seat, in between the frame rails. It will hang down below frame about 2 inches, so should be barely noticeable.
Front fender is stock unit that was cut down.
Still undecided on handlebars. I have a couple other bikes with clip-ons, so I will likely do something different. I like the look of the Norman Hyde M bars but I am not sure those will give me enough room for master cylinder.
Well that's it for now. More progress and pics to follow.