Sax's 1980 CX500 Café build
Close

Sax

Sax's 1980 CX500 Café build

So after picking up my bike and job lot of spares 2 weeks ago, I have made some progress sorting out the boxes of spares (for my for sale ads).

I've also stripped down 3 of the 4 engines and found common issues of the cam chain eating the crankcase and knackered crank shaft bearings. Unfortunately I have two cranks that are probably beyond repair.

However, my plan was always to take the best of what I have and build the best engine I could so this isn't too much of a problem unlike my search for main bearings which is proving tricky....

I have ordered a full Stainless exhaust and mono conversion kit from BBCR Engineering in the US so just waiting delivery.

I have removed tyres from some of the rims and dropped them plus a selection of parts to a local company for soda blasting. I will post some pictures of the clean bits when they arrive.

My attention has turned to the carbs. I have a few sets - some complete and some in bits. Again, Im going to build the best I can from the bits I have.

Once I have a rebuilt engine I will start on the frame chop, fabrication and then the powder coating. But with a new born baby my updates may be few and far between at the moment!

Sax
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Sponsored Links