Progress has been slow, but I've been chugging along...
Received my 08 cbr600 rr front end and conformed that the steerig stem is a perfect match. excited to get that thing on after the frame gets some paint.
I cleaned up the rear end of the bike, capped and welded and grinded:
Removed the old steering lock and put on a new one for the cbr front end and modified the tank supports for the deluxe tank Im going to use:
Also removed the big passenger peg material. Welded smaller muffler supports on. This is somewhere in the middle of frame clean up/grinding:
The beginnings of my tail section. I started with a section of a custom tank, had to narrow it for the width of the rear of the frame/seat and just starting to tack it all together:
Im almost ready to take bring the frame and parts to the powder coater. Cant wait to start bolting cleaned parts back up Thanks for looking!