Honda CX 500 Forum banner

79 honda cx500 Custome straight pipes with pod filters

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KGG 
#1 ·
Help
Im new to this thread.
I have a 79 honda cx500 Custome with straight pipes and pod filters. i dont know what i need to do to run the pod filters so it doesn't mess with the performance. Do i need to get new jets? Or put mufflers on? Im not sure what i have to do here.

#3 ·
and if you haven't run the bike yet you may want to consider some sort of muffler........it will be LOUD with straight pipes and I can't stress LOUD enough

Reactions: jayseamtl
#6 ·
I initially went to straight pipes (Emgo shorties) and even after repacking them they were too loud in my opinion. I switched to a reverse cone from Dime City. I also repacked these and they sound great--not too loud, but stronger than stock. I removed the H box and run pods. I also rejetted to 90/120 and it seems to be about right.
Bob

#7 ·
I went through three different muffler setups. I couldn't take the baffled straight pipes, too loud and it didn't run that well.
Finally ended up with some Hardley take offs which sound very nice and it runs good.

The 90/120 jets have worked out nicely for me also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.