Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Introducing...Betty

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Woodzie 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Well, I had to take some design short cuts to get my yard build done for the end of the Ontario riding season, but thanks to this forum I managed to pull it off. She's now insured and plated. Ladies and Gents...Betty

She runs loud and sluggish, as I only bench balanced the carbs. She currently has temporary paint job...to be redone over the winter...or not. I kinda like the rat look.

But hey, she's on the road!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Now, I'm not happy with the tail light, so that will be redone in the winter

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive tire

Here you can see the Danmoto 180 gauge. I like it. I'll be adding a phone / gps holder beside it...hence the reason I kept the original gauge bracket.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

The signal lights will be replaced with flush mounts, and the fender chopped and painted.

Once again, thank you to all those on the forum who have helped me over the past nine months. This was my first build and I really enjoyed the experience.

Woody

See less See more
#6 ·
SkunkD, the headlight fairing is an ebay purchase...Triumph Thruxton Ducati Monster Cafe Headlight Fairing Flyscreen Windscreen | eBay

They arrive in pretty raw shape and take a lot of patience or a body person to get into paintable condition. I've only put a temporary coat of plasti-dip on mine as I knew I would bang it up getting on the bike. Now that I have the mounting system properly sussed out, I'll paint it over the winter.

It's not an exact fit, as the fairing has to bend a bit to fit between the clubman bars...but I like the looks of it.\

Cheers,

w.

#7 ·
It looks really good are you still running the stock headlight?

I've been looking at a few different headlight fairings, but this one has the look I am going for.
The only thing is I would probably trim the top a little more to give it a more sleek look.
Thanks for the link

#11 ·
that looks great Greg...please do start a thread. I'd be interested in seeing how it's done.
blivy

#14 ·
cool it looks done to me

but i m untrained and throw my cloths wherever they land

drive around in nasty ol trucks and rusty cars with less than 4 hubcaps

and have a generally crusty attitude

when i get a new car i put the first scratch/ding just to get it over with

:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.