1982 cx500 Exploded View PDF
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ChrisSavoie

Thread: 1982 cx500 Exploded View PDF

Post 1982 cx500 Exploded View PDF

A few months back I put together a series of posters to put up on the wall of my workshop to help me understand what I was getting into, and feel more prepared in general. It took me probably 6-8 hours actually to find all the components in exploded view, and position them with like parts on as few pages as possible.

I've mostly kept it hidden in a google drive folder, but I have a feeling this would be quite useful to others as well. There were some images ripped from a few online retailers whos watermarked logos remain, but since they ripped them from a honda schematic somewhere, I figure it's fair game.
    I hope this helps you as much as it helps me. Really helps things look a lot less daunting (especially having never touched an engine before purchasing this beast).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwk...it?usp=sharing

And, if by off chance you feel inspired enough to thank me with a tip, here's my bitcoin address:
    1haCwQXGNUundkiDdfXfGM4LeeAcdEykY

---
    http://chris-saovie.com
    Trundler, Motomicah and CXPHREAK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSavoie View Post
    Better to take this link adress
    http://chris-savoie.com

but since they ripped them from a honda schematic somewhere, I figure it's fair game.
    You are reallx sure that they ripped these schematics ?

Here in Germany the Honda lawyers would react immediately with an adhortatory letter, immediatly.

Nevertheless: Good work, Chris

Gruesse
    WolFgang

Newp! Totally unsure. That said, I didn't have to pay to access the schematics, and I'm not requesting payment for them either. They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Neato! Thanks dude.
    Riding season ending, heated garage season beginning.

Current: '03 Kawasaki ZZR1200, '84 Kawasaki GPZ900R, '84 VF500F Interceptor, '83 GL650I, '81 CX500C, '82 GL500I project, '81 CX500C basket case, '79 CB750LTD, '85 CB700SC, '01 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, '72 Yamaha G7S

At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
    These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
    These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.
    Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
    I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
    WolFgang

Quote Originally Posted by guelli02 View Post
    At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
    These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
    These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
    I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
    WolFgang
    Gruesse Dich, Wolfgang,
    Wie Gehts?
    After 30 years doesn't it become public domain?
    Danke, Tscusse.
    -Johannes
    '03 SV650 Naked (zx10r rear shock, custom rearsets, modified headlamp, delkevic exhaust, small headlight fairing from an '04)
    '06 VW Jetta TDI (clutch changed to single mass flywheel)
    '08 Toyota Yaris (has teeth)
    '80 CX500 Custom (being rebuilt)
    '00 Mercury Cougar (totaled February 2014)
    '05 SV650 S (sold April 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jocuserious View Post
    After 30 years doesn't it become public domain?
    Hello Johannes

That's a very good idea to research in the american laws if this 30 years can be verified.

Du bist ein Ex-Deutscher ?
    Oder warst Du soldier in Deutschland ?

Tschuess WlFgang

Quote Originally Posted by guelli02 View Post
    Hello Johannes

That's a very good idea to research in the american laws if this 30 years can be verified.

Du bist ein Ex-Deutscher ?
    Oder warst Du soldier in Deutschland ?

Tschuess WlFgang

Gruss Dich,
    I believe it is German law; pass 30 years it becomes public domain. I could be wrong, though.
    Also, if they made a Japanese copyright it may or may not apply in Germany based on Germany's acceptance of international copyrights.

Nein, meing Oma und Opa kommen aus Udenhausen, Westfalia. Mein uropa war Amish/Wiedertaufer.
    Wachsen in Deutschland Sie getan haben?

Gruss Dich, Tschusse!
    Johannes
    Last edited by jocuserious; 06-25-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    '03 SV650 Naked (zx10r rear shock, custom rearsets, modified headlamp, delkevic exhaust, small headlight fairing from an '04)
    '06 VW Jetta TDI (clutch changed to single mass flywheel)
    '08 Toyota Yaris (has teeth)
    '80 CX500 Custom (being rebuilt)
    '00 Mercury Cougar (totaled February 2014)
    '05 SV650 S (sold April 2014)

Awesome, would make for some handy posters in my shed. Thanks!

Sponsored Links