Inheritance, a GL500 build. - Page 5
Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Inheritance, a GL500 build.

Tiexgrr if you need carb jets, cables or other small parts check out Sirius Consolidated they are in Cambridge Ontario and prices are decent. Glad to hear it is running but if it is that loud maybe Im glad I can't hear it lol. In the garage mine sounds loud but outside not so much (at least to me) so I may have make an adjustment or two.
    tiexgrr likes this.
    Wasaga Beach, ON, Canada

1981 Honda CX500 Custom
    Named: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by cx500slacker View Post
    Tiexgrr if you need carb jets, cables or other small parts check out Sirius Consolidated they are in Cambridge Ontario and prices are decent. Glad to hear it is running but if it is that loud maybe Im glad I can't hear it lol. In the garage mine sounds loud but outside not so much (at least to me) so I may have make an adjustment or two.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to keep them in mind.

As for volume.... the rather friendly neighbour across the street was outside FAST while it was idling at 3k rpm, hands on her hips angry face and everything..... It was in all fairness just inside the garage door, with open headers. It probably gives some of the obnoxious Harley exhausts a run for their money! Hopefully its not this loud but still retains some of the rawness with the new pipes and baffles.
    '81 GL500

Cool

Well everyone, we have progress!

She purrs like a kitten now, I figured out my 4k rpm idle, it turns out my throttle cable was binding a bit so I rerouted it and voila! She idles at a happy 1100rpm! She's at the shop now, we've been toying with some exhaust ideas (as pipes can be seen in the video) We've decided to make a set of shotgun style pipes for now with a bit of an upsweep towards the rear while maintaining the original muffler mount.

Today the weather is beautiful and I could NOT resist the urge to go for a shakedown ride! So I tossed the metal seat pan on, let the bike warm up and went for a quick ride. I think I may be a bit deaf now given the headers only exhaust but I cannot be happier with how the bike is running. It does load up a bit a lower rpms in higher gears but that may be resolved with some more back pressure. Better rich than lean anyway.

After my ride I continued to work away on the seat pan and added some much needed padding! I just need to stitch up a cover for it now and I will be good to go once the exhaust is done!

Stay tuned for more.

OCR likes this.
    '81 GL500

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links