CX650 Turbo Tpo Covers
Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CX650 Turbo Tpo Covers

CX660 Turbo covers
    I am in the process of manufacturing replacement LH glovebox cover and RH cover over air filter as it is impossible to find good replacements.
    In order to make the process viable I will have to manufacture a quantity.
    Please let me know if any of you are interested in purchasing spares. The replicas will be almost exactly the same as the originals which I borrowed from Turbo Tim (thanks Tim).
    The price depends as always on quantity so will depend on how many people are interested.
    Let me know if you are and then I can set the batch quantity.
    I am still looking into the lock and have several options from commercial locks I already purchase for electric vehicles I produce but if anyone knows of a straight fit please let me know.
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    CX660 Turbo covers
    I am in the process of manufacturing replacement LH glovebox cover and RH cover over air filter as it is impossible to find good replacements.
    Please let me know if any of you are interested in purchasing spares. The replicas will be almost exactly the same as the originals which I borrowed from Turbo Tim (thanks Tim).
    The price depends as always on quantity so will depend on how many people are interested.
    I am still looking into the lock and have several options from commercial locks I already purchase for electric vehicles I produce but if anyone knows of a straight fit please let me know.
    Patrick
    I need a compartment cover for a 650t. Mine flew off last week

CX660 Turbo covers
    Patrick
    In order for them to be desireable you'll need to make them very close to original so that those resoring tgeir bikes would desire them. Dan Topping knows someone who had done this and tgen he (Dan) had bought about 7 of what the guy had made in order to rese them. Dan added a metal tab to tge bottom of the left pocket to keep it from blowing off. But that detracted away from the purist and altered what was otherwise a fi.e remake.

IF price reasonable, I think you'd ve able to move 20 to 25, but might want to get them in groups of 10. Price would dictate market.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well, if the replacement covers look decent and are reasonably priced, I would think that many who are still riding their 650s would simply buy a replacement cover for their riding and put the original factory one away for safe keeping. That way one would not be exposing the original covers to the possibility of loss or just normal wear and tear. If the bike is sold, it could be advertised as having all original factory plastic.

Just out of curiosity, does using original plastic from another bike in any way affect the price you can get for the bike?
    Last edited by tt650; 09-03-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Well chaps I moved a step closed today, I received the "first off" 3D printed prototypes and fitted them to the bike. The prototypes need some small tweaks but essentially they are good. The RH one is not quite correct top right in picture but easy to fix. The LH cover is almost there but the thickness is wrong on two edges again easy to fix. After some more prototypes I hope to start producing the real thing. I am also producing the rubber edging strip that ifs on the side of the covers and also goes around the instrument cluster and other places. this is a unique shape but I can produce the exact shape. The project is ongoing and I will keep you posted.Name:  20150923_142740.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  1.33 MBName:  20150923_183746.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  607.4 KB

Well chaps I moved a step closed today, I received the "first off" 3D printed prototypes and fitted them to the bike. The prototypes need some small tweaks but essentially they are good. The RH one is not quite correct top right in picture but easy to fix. The LH cover is almost there but the thickness is wrong on two edges again easy to fix. After some more prototypes I hope to start producing the real thing. I am also producing the rubber edging strip that ifs on the side of the covers and also goes around the instrument cluster and other places. this is a unique shape but I can produce the exact shape. The project is ongoing and I will keep you posted.Name:  20150923_142740.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  1.33 MBName:  20150923_183746.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  607.4 KB
    Awesome 😃😃😃😃 sign me up

650 Turbo fairing left and right top covers

Name:  20161128_134140.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  859.5 KBName:  20161128_134222.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  816.5 KBName:  20161128_183129.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.86 MBName:  20161128_183203.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1.90 MB650 Fairing Covers
    Well chaps I have finally finished remanufacturing the covers! It took a long time and a lot of effort to get them just perfect but now I am very proud of them, they are as good if not better than the originals.
    One of the hardest parts was finding the right lock, after countless hours on the internet I finally had them made in China, ony trouble was I had to buy 200! However they were quite inexpensive at the end of the day after shelling out a lot of money on reverse engineering. Thanks to Turbo Tim who lent me originals, I used the originals and had them laser scanned and then 3D printed. I have had moulds made from the 3D prints from which I have 20 pairs. I have had the rubber moulding remanufactured which fits on the side of the glove box cover, this moulding also goes on the tank and around other fairing parts I think it also fits the 500 will check that out tomorrow. I have only assembled one glove box cover at the moment but have another 19 plus 19 r\h covers for sale when I assemble them. The small protrusion which keeps the cover in place has been slightly lengthened to try to prevent the covers from flying off, if any purists want it as original it is easy to file down!
    I have remanufactured the small metal clip you will see on the photos so the whole thing is complete, the remanufactured clip I made is stainless steel and is very slightly thicker.
    I have had a lot of enquiries from around the world and I have only made 20 as that is the maximum number from the silicone moulds so it's first come first served if anyone wants a pair, I have already sold 3 in the UK plus mine so I have 16 sets left for sale. I can only sell in pairs as that's how I have produced them. If the demand is there I will produce another 20 sets.
    The photo of the RH cover is without the rubber strip as at that time I only had a sample from the mould which I fitted to the LH side with the lock. All of the covers will be complete with the rubber strip. I also think the same rubber shape was used on other Hondas so that may be of interest to others, some original mouldings were one piece and went around corners, my moulding is a straight length and so may have to be mitred and glued, it will bend quite nicely around tank sides etc. The profile of the rubber strip is an exact match to the original.
    The price for a pair of covers is £247.00 (which at the moment is about 300 USD) and the rubber moulding is £6.40 per metre (in 2 metre lengths) all plus postage as they are light items that should not be a lot. It is quite a lot of money I know but the quality has to be seen to be believed. If you want them get back to me as I will be putting them on other groups.
    Not quite sure how to private message on this group, I am reluctant to broadcast my email details, so perhaps someone can tell me how to do it and how secure this group is.
    Regards Patrick Hughes

Not quite sure how to private message on this group, I am reluctant to broadcast my email details, so perhaps someone can tell me how to do it and how secure this group is.
    Regards Patrick Hughes
    Hi Patrick,
    If you look at the top of the forum page, on the top right you will see a section named "Notifications" next to your user name. This is where you see any new messages. To private message (PM) go to any members user profile (click on their avatar/user name on a post) and look for "private message". The only people who can see these are those to whom the messages are sent. I will send you a test PM so you can see.

Joel in the Couve
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

Just for sillies, can you make turn signal lenses???
    Front and rear???
    1979 CX500C (Marshall's bike)

1981 Yamaha XS650 (New Adventure)

1979 Honda CB400T II (Rescued Bike)

1972 Suzuki RV90(for the grandkids)Ole Smokey

Hi Patrick, please put me down for a pair. I have sent you a PM.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Velocette LE Mark 3 192cc (1966)
    CX500B (1981)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links