CX500TC stumbles bucks then dies, will not stay running, literally tried everything. - Page 7
Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CX500TC stumbles bucks then dies, will not stay running, literally tried everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
    NO, ran great for 800 miles.
    so you have to check step by step what you did wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by ofer View Post
    so you have to check step by step what you did wrong .
    It's not a matter of what I did wrong, it just started on its own, no melding on my part.
    79 CB750F Super Sport
    76 GL1000
    82 CX500TC

In my opinion it has something to do with the fuel delivery somewhere blocked.
    It already has been asked but did you remove the gas cap when it was running poor? You said it occurs after a while.
    And try it without the fuel filter.

You never know!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Is your fuel pump functioning at 100%. There is a test to check how much it can pump. Came across this info when I was looking for a fuel pump for my GL1200 LE.
    83 CX650T
    85 Goldwing LTD
    86 Goldwing Aspencade
    wanted badly 79-82 CBX 1000

Do you have the solid straw in addition to the filter/strainer in the fuel tank? Could the internals of the petcock contribute? Lol...Grasping at straws

update:

I replaced the main harness for the sensors and the ECU with no help. This is BS............!!!!!!! I also replaced the regulator rectifier and put new connectors on the wire harness. No Help!!!
    79 CB750F Super Sport
    76 GL1000
    82 CX500TC

Do you have access to a chassis dyno? This would give you a chance to run the bike up to speed and actually sit there and SAFELY try to figure out what the issues are. I would think checking exhaust temps, cylinder head temps, and air fuel would be a good start. You could also monitor fuel pressure at 50 to 80 mph. This still sounds like a fuel issue to me. My bike developed a gremlin at 120+ mph last summer and then finally died. The normal test did not help. I discovered some corrosion on the wiring, but that was not the main thing and I replaced the fuel filter and put a new Denso pump on there.
    CX500C
    CX500T
    CX650E
    CX650T
    Hawk
    CB750 w/turbo
    RG500
    V-Max
    Kawasaki 750 Turbo
    Katana 1000
    Ducati 749R
    Screaming Eagle Road King
    CBR600F3
    Honda Metropolitan
    Ninja H2 1000
    & a dozen battery chargers

Edinir, any part numbers for the filter and your Denso pump and where you got them. Did this cure your bikes ills.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldbikerdude View Post
    Edinir, any part numbers for the filter and your Denso pump and where you got them. Did this cure your bikes ills.
    Thanks
    My bike developed some weird symptoms last year at Bonneville. There were a bunch of reasons that plagued me so the cure was difficult at best. Before I got it diagnosed the bike completely died. When I got home and started going over it I found that the kill tether switch I wired in was very corroded (salt at Bonneville can do that), got that cured and it seemed that I had similar problems with the handlebar kill switch, got that cured and noticed my replacement ignition switch was still messing up, that cured and my fuel injection was making the right noises but not quite enough juice. I went ahead and replaced the fuel filter with a Pingel filter Pingel In-Line Fuel Filter SS1P 5/16in. Aluminum Machined Satin-Finish Fue | eBay . I ordered it from Pingel. I told them I needed an 8mm inlet and a 12mm outlet. They got as close as they could with a 5/16 and 3/8, so I still had to buy a Gates fuel line reducer at O'Reilly's for a couple dollars. If I were doing the filter over again I would have bought a Sytec from the UK. Demon Tweeks sells one for $65 that has the proper 8mm & 12mm outlets. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...ow-fuel-filter I have great luck with Demon Tweeks, they ship quickly and with the favorable dollar/pound rate, it really works right now. I know people have used various foreign car filters, but I could not find the right combo. If you have a foreign car shop that has a knowledgeable parts counter, you may find some Porsche product that will work. I did try a VW Super Beetle filter, but it had 8mm on each end. Another last point, I was trying to find a quality filter that would flow like a garden hose and still actually filter the gas - this rules out most of the $3.00 filters. For the fuel pump I used the Denso 951-3003 that others have referred to on here. https://www.amazon.com/Denso-951-300.../dp/B002KDZZZA It will run you about $80 and you can even order them from Wal-Mart! The pump is not an exact bolt on. It does include a foam sleeve that allows it to snugly fit the Honda mounts. The fuel fittings match very close and do not need to be modified, just put all of the seals back on properly. You will have to clip the old wiring harness and crimp on the two ends they provide to power up the pump. Seal with heat-shrink and some quality electrical tape. One last plug is for DeatschWerks - Fuel your Passion for Performance , they will clean your injectors and give you their flow specs. Your 34 year old bike has to have clean injectors. They can also spec bigger injectors if you need them. Pim hooked me up with some Nissan 200SX (?) injectors that flowed much more, but I am not sure if everyone will need these.

The bike is running incredible right now. I have not had it on the dyno since before Bonneville, but it felt even better than it did when I was getting 110 hp at the back end. Just for reference, the bike ran 131 mph in the mile at Ohio in 2015 with 83 hp, so I am hoping for an improvement with almost 30 more horsepower in 2017.
    CX500C
    CX500T
    CX650E
    CX650T
    Hawk
    CB750 w/turbo
    RG500
    V-Max
    Kawasaki 750 Turbo
    Katana 1000
    Ducati 749R
    Screaming Eagle Road King
    CBR600F3
    Honda Metropolitan
    Ninja H2 1000
    & a dozen battery chargers

Hey Edinir, thanks for the detailed response. Since I bought my 650T, I have purchased some LX579 sensors as well as some NGK iridium sparkies.
    have been busy updating my database of spare parts so when the time comes I can order the parts I need.
    In researching the fuel pumps, I was looking at the Walbro in line pump, and sure enough the Walbro OEM cross reference comes up with the Denso part you show.
    Looks like the Denso 951-3003 is the same as Walbro GCL616. This pump will also fit my 85 GW LTD.
    I like the Sytec fuel filter, especially the replaceable filter elements. Just found out you can get either a paper filter with 8 micron size or metal filter element with 55 micron size.
    What micron size filter is on our 650T fuel strainer.
    Like the Deatsch site, fuel pumps, filters, pre filters ..... lots more browsing coming up.
    Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by oldbikerdude; 02-07-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: new info
    83 CX650T
    85 Goldwing LTD
    86 Goldwing Aspencade
    wanted badly 79-82 CBX 1000

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links