Fuel cap with key 319 on Ebay
Close

Fuel cap with key 319 on Ebay

HONDA CX500 CX500TC TURBO OEM GAS CAP & KEY RED WHITE BLUE EMBLEM | eBay

Just a heads-up.. a motorcycle dismantler in Wisconsin seems to be parting out a 500TC and has sensors, etc.
    The fuel cap comes with an original key, # 319. It would be good to have if your bike uses that key number.

Would like to buy but he doesn't send to Holland. And the custom taxes and shipping costs are insane from the US. Have to add at least 100 dollar. So no go for me
    83 CX650T 2x

https://www.myus.com/us/

Assuming a 2 pound parcel/package from the US to Netherlands. Maybe an arrangement could be worked?

Budget Carrier 7- 14 days USD 26.99
    FedEx Economy 5 - 10 days USD 34.52
    FedEx Priority 1 - 4 days USD 35.63

***EDIT, I MISSED THE PART ABOUT A MEMBERSHIP. BUT IT STILL MAY BE A THOUGHT??***
    Last edited by ramprat06; 03-03-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.

G-Loria's Story I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's weird because Ebay now has an international shipping program. I was selling come large format photo stuff that don't use and all packages to international bidders go to some clearinghouse in Kentucky (1850 Airport Exchange Blvd # xxx
    Erlanger, KY 41025). It costs less to ship internationally than across the country!

Here is the program:

Using the Global Shipping Program

Maybe the seller hasn't signed up for this service. According to Ebay, shipping to Netherlands of items under 66 pounds are permissible under the program. I've had stuff sent to me from China where the postage was under a dollar.

Sadly, I am an original owner, but wasn't savy enough in 1982 to realize I was given 2 copies of the original - and never got one. If this Ebay poster would include the entire lock set which would be the ignition/both side cover locks and the helmet lock - they would get some considerable size bids...
    ...Restoring my 12k CX500 turbo after 21 years of storage....

Quote Originally Posted by phogroian View Post
    That's weird because Ebay now has an international shipping program. I was selling come large format photo stuff that don't use and all packages to international bidders go to some clearinghouse in Kentucky (1850 Airport Exchange Blvd # xxx
    Erlanger, KY 41025). It costs less to ship internationally than across the country!

Here is the program:

Using the Global Shipping Program

Maybe the seller hasn't signed up for this service. According to Ebay, shipping to Netherlands of items under 66 pounds are permissible under the program. I've had stuff sent to me from China where the postage was under a dollar.
    Think this would work but most sellers ask shipping costs above the real costs.They want to earn more money from me and you. Nevertheless we have to deal with huge custom taxes in Holland from the US. Second: he doesn't send the gas cap to foreign country's.
    83 CX650T 2x

Quote Originally Posted by dutchturbo View Post
    Think this would work but most sellers ask shipping costs above the real costs.They want to earn more money from me and you.
    Having spent four years earning my living working for a commercial eBay store, I feel obligated to respond to this.

While this may be true for some sellers, it was my professional experience that this was a minority case (or at the least, not a majority). Our shipping prices were all calculated by eBay using current UPS/FEDEX/USPS (we gave our customers the choice of all three) based off of the actual weight and dimensions of the packaged item (item dimensions +2" all around, item weight + ~10% to allow for box and packing foam weight). We added a small flat charge of $1-5 to this to cover the labor of the employee who picked and packed it. Based on what I have seen, this was (at the time) standard practice for anyone selling more than onsies and twosies.

The one's you need to watch out for are the guys offering "free" shipping. We looked into doing that, and we concluded that the only way to remain solvent with that business model would have been to take our base starting price for each item, then add the cost of shipping to Washington State (from VA). Clearly, this puts buyers who don't live 3000+ miles away in a bad position.
    1982 CX500 Turbo
    1982 GL500I Silverwing Interstate
    1978 CB400T Hawk II

Having been buying things from the United States through Ebay for the last 13 years, I agree with ShuRugal, there are a lot of US sellers which have reasonable shipping prices. But the last few years Ebay is pushing their shipping on sellers. Maybe this gives reasonable prices within the USA but abroad certainly not! The Ebay shipping services automatically have a high base price of around 25 dollars and then it starts asking import tax and the handling charges for collecting this tax. You guessed the simplest shipping charges goes through the roof
    Golden Boomerang Wheels Rock

CX500TC - summerfun

VF750F

CBX1000 - exploded in garage

Sponsored Links