Close
    A couple of my friends and I went for a cruise today out to the coast on the Bay Of Fundy.

I could have taken many more pics but because I wasn't by myself I didn't like to stop every time there was a nice shot.

It is about a 90 minute drive to the entrance to Fundy National Park, then it is about another 15 miles to the coast.Not far from the coast there is a sign that says the elevation is 366 meters above sea level, then the road starts to drop down, probably at about 250 meters you come to the first spot where you can see the bay. then the road drops fast and in the next half mile or so you are almost at sea level.

Nova Scotia is in the distance, Cape Enrage is the point of land you see in the middle, that was where we were heading.

We took a quick side trip to Point Wolf which is within the park, the first pic is Point Wolf River.

A view from the Point Wolf road,

We drove through the park and entered the Village of Alma, which borders the park. I took a couple of quick shots in the village.

This is Upper Salmon River which is the border between the park and Alma.

It was low tide when we were there, these boats will be floating at high tide.

Chris with a couple of pirates,,he fits right in.

More fishing boats,

...and as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new. Hail Atlantis!

1975 XL-100, 1978 CX500, 1980 CX500, 1981 CX500

We left Alma and headed for Cape Enrage,,the road had some real twists and turns and steep hills. I took these shots on the road on the way out.

This is 3 stitched together photos showing the Cape from the West side, there are people in this pic, but the only ones that show up are in the lower left corner.

These vehicles will show up in another pic soon.

The flag on top of the cliff is where we were heading,,it does not look nearly as high in this pic as it really is.

This view is from the top of the cliff looking back at the other side of the point. To give some idea of the scale of things you can see the 2 vehicles from the earlier pic, and if you look closely you can see a person on the beach and another in the water.

The lighthouse on the cape.

There is a zip line that runs from the platform in this pic across to a platform on the next cliff.

An aerial view,,

Link to google map showing our route.
    ...and as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new. Hail Atlantis!

Very nice. Thanks.
    'An object at rest cannot be stopped!' - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

1982 GL500 Silverfish
    1982 GL500 TBA
    1972 Triumph Bonneville
    1971 Triumph Tiger (in a basket)

You didn't wait for the tide to come back over Reversing Falls? Ohhh - can't remember if it was '80 or '81, I drove a camper from Winter Harbor, Maine to Halifax, Nova Scotia. I definitely waited at Reversing Falls for the tide to come in. Pure awesome, to see the place at low tide, then at high. I think it's 30, or something like that.

http://new-brunswick.net/Saint_John/...reversing.html
    1982 Honda GL 500 I Silver Wing

Born much to late to ride with Billy the Kid, born much to early to ride to Mars, so I ride a Honda.

"Give the old tires to someone you don't like, claim they're new old stock." - Trailltrader

The Reversing Falls are at Saint John, where the Saint John River empties into the harbor. I crossed the bridge over them a couple of weeks ago on my River Valley Ride.

We were further up the Bay of Fundy, about an hour and forty five minutes or so from Saint John. I lived in Saint john for a while so I have seen the falls many times.

The tides in the Bay of Fundy can reach a vertical height of up to 52 feet.

Each day 100 billion tonnes of seawater flows in and out of the Bay of Fundy during one tide cycle more than the combined flow of the world’s freshwater rivers!

We were not far from the Hopewell Cape Rocks, another well known destination on the bay.

Ahh-HA! I need to look at the map again, LOL!
    1982 Honda GL 500 I Silver Wing

Born much to late to ride with Billy the Kid, born much to early to ride to Mars, so I ride a Honda.

"Give the old tires to someone you don't like, claim they're new old stock." - Trailltrader

Great pics again Allan. The tide there is really something. Today we were looking at pics at work of the local lake and how it has dropped 2 feet or more since our rainy spring, the bay there is dropping and filling twice a day!! I sure miss the ocean here in the interior of BC.
    80 CX500 Delux
    13 DL650 V Strom

Beautiful pics, thanks. Thought I saw the Bluenose II in the distance but no, its only in my memory when I was on deck during a sail about 8 years ago. We motored out from the dock but when the engines quit and the wind filled the sails it turned out to be one of those unforgetable experiences.
    '81 gl 500 nakid
    '79 CB750 LE assemblage discombobulation
    '83 CX650E variant

Sponsors