Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Members Bikes.

155K views 346 replies 219 participants last post by  motormike 
#1 ·
Like before when we had post your ride which showcased a lot of members bikes. But this time can we just post one or two pictures of the bike and maybe a brief sentence or two about it.

If you have questions or comments about the bike pictured just contact the member directly instead of polluting the post with comments like "That looks good" or "what pipes are those".

I got this idea from CxSarnia who has seen posts like this on other forums that weren't polluted with peoples comments.

So lets give this a go.

I put this in the customization section because even if it is stock it's customized to your liking.

#2 ·
This is the Supertanker. Better picture to come when the grass is green or at least not covered by snow.

#4 ·
This is the color of the paint but not final paint job, I don't like the way some parts came out and I messed up on the fairing while removing the stripes so a complete resand is due. But here's a teaser for now. I will post pics when I get her done. This is the lady of the wing. GGRRRRRR photo bucket is having issues with me. I will post the tank case it lools the best and my girlfriends got me the stainless pieces on the tank. Old school trucker, and thats were I got the idea for the lady of the wing
[/img]

#6 ·
Well, now that I am a multi-bike owner I suppose I should put up pictures of both. Matter of fact, later on, I will add a picture of my 82 GL500, when I can find the pictures!

This is a combo picture, both bikes at once. This is the type of picture Don in Oz is going to have to post. The numbers of his bikes is legion!

Since the hack is senior, in terms of ownership, it gets the first solo picture. This was in May of 09 getting ready to leave for TWO. It was my last dry trip to TWO, rain has interfered the last 2 trips down there!

Here is the new kid on the block. Hanging out with a Goldwing, waiting on Glenn from Canada & his ST. This was on the way to the Blue Ridge in June of this year. It was the 650's first trip and he did well. On the interstate he turned in 50+ mpg at speeds of 75 to 85, all the way!

Gene

#7 ·
Hi all, My first post of the new forum.

This is my 1981 Cx500C "A work in progress" simplified wiring Vulcan front fender, raw steel seat pan, amp guage, custom tail light, vintage auto horn, solid rear struts (spinal failure)now with shortened VT1100 shocks. No plastic.

#8 ·
First I'll show off my shamefully unfinished projects...

This here's my '72 Bonneville. I swapped my '76 Sportster with a blown tranny for it about 18 years ago.

She sat in my coalshed, and then storage, and then my garage before I rewired, tweaked and licensed her. And then 6 years ago we bought a house and all my toys had to get put away or get sold. And yes, that is a sidestand cleverly disguised as a log.

And this is my OIF Tiger. I bought it for the motor about 8 years ago and realised that I had about 99% of the bike in boxes. But sadly, not the title.

And here is the mighty Fish right after the rebuild and before the mighty carb battle, paintjob, new pipes, etc, etc, etc...

Here she is just outside of Wayne, Alberta

And here she is about an hour after coming back from out west.

Poor dirty old Fish.

Posting pics is fun and easy. Now.

Reactions: purplecx500
#9 ·
Here's my '81 CX500 Deluxe:

Currently in pieces (bunch of stuff is at the powder coater), but here it is a year ago:

Here it is about a month ago, before I disassembled for powder coating:

And a list of mods:

-Most obvious from the pictures...it's been gutted to the absolute bare bones...should be called "Project Weight Watchers"

-CB900F front end = 39mm forks, dual rotors, dual 2-piston calipers

-Carburetors rebuilt by Larry

-Battery box relocated to where the H-Box used to be

-MAC 2-1 exhaust, but welded on an EMGO Shorty muffler instead of the one the MAC provided

-K&N Pod filters

-Electric fan conversion

-All electrical components rerouted

-Headlight and tachometer from my '71 CB350

-Custom headlight mounts

-Clip-on handlebars

-Custom seat pan, using part of an old Suzuki tank for the cowl

-Powder coated frame, swing arm, front-end components, wheels, etc etc

#13 ·
[quote name='Eurovee' date='04 August 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1280950028' post='862']

Pictures of my motorized velocipedes.

Two;

Say, isn't that the YOUTUBE bike with the car muffler? I really like the sound it makes. Good job.

The sound of a motorcycle is very important to me I always try to get a nice exhaust note.

Cheers, 50gary

#15 ·
this is my bike

[attachment=17:back of my bike.jpg]

[attachment=16:mybike.jpg]

nothing new yet but its an 82 cx500

i just got my new rear fender and gonna mount it soon

and gonna lower it about 2-3 in all around

i like lowride bikes and wanna get both the front and back lowered but dont wanna rack out the front

Attachments

#20 ·
Before:

After, but not exactly how I want her yet (Dents on the tank are compliments of the jerk that cut me off last year and left after he or she saw that I wiped out), but I'll be upgrading her as funds and parts become available.

Dan

#21 ·
Here's my custom. I restored it last winter to near original. It wasnt too bad but needed some love. Got it done in time to bring it to the UK CX national rally.

My other baby below. Use this for long distance mile munching. I rebuilt this one as well 2 years ago.

Reactions: purplecx500
#23 ·
Like before when we had post your ride which showcased a lot of members bikes. But this time can we just post one or two pictures of the bike and maybe a brief sentence or two about it.

I've never been brief in my life. Here's the list of what's been done:

Turn signal buzzer

Main fuse modification

Digital volt gauge

Soft saddlebags w/ universal bracket

Heated grips

LED auxiliary headlamps (2)

Added clock and thermometer

Brake light modulator

LED strip added to trunk which operates with the brake light

SS brake line and chrome master cylinder

20 weight fork oil and fork stabilizer

Air Hawk (Roho) cushion for the seat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.