Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello my name is Joe I live in southern MN and just got my 1st bike. It is a 83 honda CX650C with 33k miles on it. I only had it for a couple weeks but I love it. I got it for only $550 which I think was a steal. It runs great and besides missing the side covers like every other one like it I cant find anything else wrong. I downloaded the manual right away and while searching for it found this forum(glad I did ) It really has helped me out alot. I know nothing about motorcycles as far as repairing or maintaining them but have learned alot in a short time by reading threads here. I'm sure I will be asking alot of questions this winter when I plan on giving it a good going over so I thank you all in advance. Any way I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for their post its sites like this that make newbies enjoy their new found passion even more.

Oh and if anyone knows of a place I can find the side covers could you let me know I hear there is people who make them?
    CX650C

There's lots of good info on the net and courses for new riders,

http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm...gename=library

As for the side panels check in the Custom section as there is a guy on here who makes them I think but can't find the link

General check-list,

http://globalcxglvtwins.forumlaunch....c.php?f=9&t=72

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by jwright View Post

Hello my name is Joe I live in southern MN and just got my 1st bike. It is a 83 honda CX650C with 33k miles on it. I only had it for a couple weeks but I love it. I got it for only $550 which I think was a steal. It runs great and besides missing the side covers like every other one like it I cant find anything else wrong. I downloaded the manual right away and while searching for it found this forum(glad I did ) It really has helped me out alot. I know nothing about motorcycles as far as repairing or maintaining them but have learned alot in a short time by reading threads here. I'm sure I will be asking alot of questions this winter when I plan on giving it a good going over so I thank you all in advance. Any way I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for their post its sites like this that make newbies enjoy their new found passion even more.

Oh and if anyone knows of a place I can find the side covers could you let me know I hear there is people who make them?

Nice. I hope you're single because women get jealous pretty easy- and the amount of time you'll spend on the bike in spite of its rep? She'll be jealous- welcome aboard!
    1981 CX500C

Welcome, Joe.

The side covers come up infrequently on eBay. Locally, you might try Sportwheels in Jordan. They'll try to gouge you if you send a part request and have them pull it, but if you can get over there to walk the yard, you might get lucky.

I don't know the status of the fabrication effort.

R
    1978 CX500 Standard - The Black Maggot -> Green Grub, Red Grub, Yellow Grub???

1981 GL500 Basket case -> AdvWing (Dual-sport conversion in progress) - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

1979 CX500 Deluxe rolling chassis -> Hmm?

[General check-list,

http://globalcxglvtwins.forumlaunch....c.php?f=9&t=72

HTH

[/quote]

Seen this in a post 2 days ago and printed it out TY very helpful

The side covers come up infrequently on eBay. Locally, you might try Sportwheels in Jordan. They'll try to gouge you if you send a part request and have them pull it, but if you can get over there to walk the yard, you might get lucky.

OOps allready sent them a request

Nice. I hope you're single because women get jealous pretty easy- and the amount of time you'll spend on the bike in spite of its rep? She'll be jealous- welcome aboard!

Nope Married 20 years thats why it took so long to get a bike

Thanks for the help and sorry not sure how to quote properly
    CX650C

Thanks for the help and sorry not sure how to quote properly

Welcome to the forum!

To reply/quote someone, click the light blue "reply" in their post.

Check out the links in my sig. Dan's online motorcycle course could be of some help to you. Also, check out my MN thread.
    Dan

My link to the cam seal delete plug
    '81 CX500c 41,000+ miles.
    CX/GL Wiki <------ Check here for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Always check the stupid stuff before panicking. This applies to everything in life.

Another cx650c er. I love it. I might be able to help you with some stuff. Love this bike! {and all the others as well]
    83 cx650c, 83gl650i. 80 gl1100. 84 gl1200.

See this thread,,
    ...and as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new. Hail Atlantis!

1975 XL-100, 1978 CX500, 1980 CX500, 1981 CX500

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Brook Rider View Post
    Another cx650c er. I love it. I might be able to help you with some stuff. Love this bike! {and all the others as well]

Not too far from you either.
    Dan

My link to the cam seal delete plug
    '81 CX500c 41,000+ miles.
    CX/GL Wiki <------ Check here for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Always check the stupid stuff before panicking. This applies to everything in life.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCX500 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

To reply/quote someone, click the light blue "reply" in their post.

Check out the links in my sig. Dan's online motorcycle course could be of some help to you. Also, check out my MN thread.

TY dan I added your course site to my favorites I'm sure I will use it. Now I'm gonna check out the Mn thread Thanks again
    CX650C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors