Close

Thread: Hello

Ive been a member for a few weeks now and I havent taken the time to introduce myself, I bought a 78 cx500 a couple of monthes ago so I would have something to ride with my wife; she bought an 06 sportster and started making noises about wanting to go places, but didnt want to go by herself.I bought a cx because it is known to be a respectable light tourer, yet shows its self well when the road starts to get twisty. Im in the process of dealing with its known short comings, and a few other things. Im am very impressed with this forum, and look foward to participating more in the future.
    78 cx500 Standard

Welcome.
    Help with handlebar and ignition switches.

http://cxgl.wikispaces.com/Rebuildin...lebar+switches

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

RTFM

Welcome to the forum from Southern IN :-)
    '83,GL650i
    '84 Goldwing Aspencade
    bikes of the past;

Whizzer motorbike

Zundapp 250

Yamaha 175 Enduro

Honda CB350

Honda CB750

Quote Originally Posted by puttin along View Post
    Ive been a member for a few weeks now and I havent taken the time to introduce myself, I bought a 78 cx500 a couple of monthes ago so I would have something to ride with my wife; she bought an 06 sportster and started making noises about wanting to go places, but didnt want to go by herself.I bought a cx because it is known to be a respectable light tourer, yet shows its self well when the road starts to get twisty. Im in the process of dealing with its known short comings, and a few other things. Im am very impressed with this forum, and look foward to participating more in the future.

Dude, run- or you'll be condemned like the rest of us on the motorcycle version of "Davy Jones Motorcycle" like in "Pirates of the Caribbean" doomed forever just tweeking the bike just a little bit more- RUN SAVE YOURSELF!

Too late, you're hosed. Welcome aboard!
    1981 CX500C

Welcome from another newbie. Where are you? Most people are looking for other owners / riders in their area? If you're not from Minnesota, you could always move here....
    '81 GL500

Quote Originally Posted by r5705 View Post
    Welcome from another newbie. Where are you? Most people are looking for other owners / riders in their area? If you're not from Minnesota, you could always move here....

LoL!
    Dan

My link to the cam seal delete plug
    '81 CX500c 41,000+ miles.
    CX/GL Wiki <------ Check here for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Always check the stupid stuff before panicking. This applies to everything in life.

Quote Originally Posted by r5705 View Post

Don't move there. Their riding season is short. May-Sept in a warm year. Come South,if you have to move.

Here in SC the riding season is.....well.....March-November......it you're strong, then Jan - Dec.

Welcome.
    1981 CX500C

Sponsors