New forum photo posting assistance. - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New forum photo posting assistance.

Chaetophile, it's not as discouraged as it once was on the previous software versions used for this forum. If you read back to the top of this and read it again, I show clearly how to use your computers' images. The main thing to keep in mind is that whatever you copy and paste, it has to be the true source photo, not a secondary link. For your scenario in your first post, you can still add text under the image, but it's hard to see the cursor. The cursor goes directly to the bottom right of the image. Once the image has pasted, hit enter to get the cursor to the next text line, then you can type more.

Using the Image Insert button on the post tool bar gives you the option of browsing your computer files for images, or a copied URL of an original image source. I usually use ones I have put to my desktop as a copy. Another option is to use the gallery here, but that does eat a lot of forum resources, and that is why many prefer to use a host site like Photobucket or Flickr.

As long as you have the original image location copied, you can copy and paste it within your post where ever you like, then hit enter and continue with the post.
    It is not necessary to use the Image Insert button to copy and paste an original image if the source has been copied. Two browsers open during this task greatly helps.....and is actually best, that way you can edit as you are going back and forth

So as you can see, there are several options. Different scenarios for different needs. It takes a bit to figure out, but it's much easier than it was with the previous software versions here.

I hope this helps a bit.

*edit* I see things have smoothed out.

Joel in the Couve
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

I have my pic in my profile but I can't see it in the forum, how can I have it display in forum?
    1981 cx500c

Edit the pic to your avatar and it should display with your posts. The profile pic only displays on your profile.
    Rebuilding Handlebar Switches

http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/CXPHREAK/library/Switchgear%20rebuild?sort=6&page=1

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

GET A MULTIMETER RTFM I am a CX500. If you maintain me I will run forever.

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

What Phreak said. So when editing your settings, you need to go to the avatar for it to show on the forum all the time.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

Hi all,

Does this no longer apply?

Quoting from the forum rules thread:

How to Post Photos

Photos should be first hosted on another site such as Photobucket. Please do not upload them to this site as they take an exceptionally high toll in terms of storage space and bandwidth. This forum is already near its allowed maximum storage capacity and outages can be expected if this allowance is exceeded. So please do your part and host the photos elsewhere.
    1981 Honda CX500 Custom with Ignitech

OCR
    Yes and it also preserves bandwidth.
    By linking photos in you also get around having to resize them as they will automatically do that in the link.
    Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
    Caroline Lodge # 681
    RAM Fidelity # 77

'79CX500C

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

we are all given sh*t in life, but some of us learn to turn it into fertilizer and grow from it, and some us try to fling it on others like monkeys.

New guy here. Testing this process. Thanks for the instructions! Forgive the same photo I posted before. I don't take a lot of photos and I know where this one is on the hard drive. Name:  Jesse and Wing Monarch Pass.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  76.8 KB
    OCR likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links