Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Time to play Photag 2015. Get a pic of your bike at the specified tag first and win.

68K views 681 replies 55 participants last post by  Thomas 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok granted you will win the opportunity to pick the next tag if you successfully post your pic first and no real prizes, but the admiration of your fellow Twisted Twin compadres is prize enough.
Fun little game to give you a reason to get the bike out and ride and discover new things in your area.
At the request of some others I've started a new thread for 2015.

Here are the rules (thanks to americanclassic):

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I don't think it should be cx/gl specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) it's fine.

New suggestion. Try to keep it country/region neutral. So everyone can have a shot at getting the tag. i.e. In stead of say a picture with Big Ben, you say a pic with a giant clock. And in stead of say a pic from Yellow Stone, you ask for a pic in a state park. That way everyone has a chance to play.
Now get on your bike and ride.

See less See more
Reactions: LandofRath
#34 ·
easy one....right across the street from mt shop

too bad the one pic is not focused correctly, would've been a nice shot...oh well, i guess i can go across the street and do it again.

Next challenge...get your bike in a picture with a horse. I already have a few of these so i know it's not that hard.

Attachments

#37 ·
Possibly. Weather's turned for the worse up here. The ice cream shop is 50 yards from my garage. I could have pushed a non running bike there. If tomorrow isn't too crazy, I'll give it a shot. Must be 100 horses within a 3 mile radius here.

However, I own a resort in Minnesota and it's the fishing opener tomorrow. I might be putting out fires all day.

#38 · (Edited)
Minnesota remind me of Norwegians, which reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

Two Norwegian hunters from Minnesota got a pilot to fly them to Canada to
hunt moose. They bagged six. As they started loading the plane for the
return trip, the pilot said the plane could take only four moose. The two
lads objected strongly, "Last year we shot six and the pilot let us put
them all on board and he had the same plane as yours." Reluctantly, the
pilot gave in and all six were loaded.
However, even on full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and
went down a few moments after takeoff. Climbing out of the wreck one Norski
asked the other,
"Any idea where we are?"
"Yaaah, I tink we's pretty close to where we crashed last year."

Don't let me get you off topic from the your bike and a horse challenge.

#39 · (Edited)

Easy peasy. How about a picture in a nice big motorcycle graveyard?

This GL650 naked is in process of becoming a half naked/half dressed bike. Kind of a Frankenstein bike right now as I acquire the different pieces.

#40 ·
When the Norwegians were looking for a place to start a new colony they Chose Minnesota.
One explorer said to the other, great place, just as f===ing as miserable as where we came from.

Reactions: Mike
#41 ·
Ah, yes, Minnesota. The high highs of summer, the low lows of winter, just not enough creamy middles. I live on one of the 10,000+ lakes, and as bad as Minnesota can get, it is still a beautiful place. Cool, clear water, great fishing, bald eagles, deer, loons... that's just today. (Also a skunk, but my kid shot it; it was obviously rabid.) I wouldn't move, but I love to travel, especially in winter.

#42 · (Edited)
Yep, home is where the heart is. I live in sunny, sometimes, Oklahoma with the heat, wind, hail, tornadoes and all that, but I ain't leavin.
As they say, if they gave the earth an enema they would stick the tube in Oklahoma.

#43 ·
I'll try for a picture of what passes for the local motorcycle grave yard tomorrow.

#44 ·
This thread has been somewhat weighted towards the left hand side of the Atlantic, so here's something form the right side. I'm pushing the definition of motorcycle graveyard a bit, but how about motorcyclist graveyard? This is the grave of the great Mike Hailwood in the cemetery of the village church in Tanworth-in -Arden near where I live; the grave also holds his young daughter killed in the same road accident as Mike. 9 times world champion and a shed load of other wins, many on a Honda. If you're not familiar with Mike the Bike look up his biography. I couldn't really ride my bike into a country churchyard but I took a CX500 clutch cover for the photograph. Hope this isn't too morbid - Mike got the blood racing in many young riders when I was a teenager.

#46 ·
I posted the current challenge and I guess I'll give it to him. It's more sad than a motorcycle graveyard, and that's not easy. OK, Chilliphil, what's next?

#48 · (Edited)
What an honour! OK, since I was born in Belfast, post a pic of your bike with an Irish-themed background. I'm not sure of there are many or any Irish residents on this forum so you can all get creative!
(Hmm, I'm worried my graveyard post was a bit of a downer, but it shouldn't be. Celebrate Mike's life not his death.)

#49 ·
Late to the party :(, but I did ride out and get a photo of the local cycle salvage facility. Now what can I get with an Irish theme..., perhaps the Black Donnely site in Lucan?

Reactions: Thomas
#50 ·
a bit cliche i know....but when someone challenges me to find an Irish pub and drink a Guinness I rise to the occasion. There IS a shamrock on the sign so i think that counts.
..next up, seeing as i enjoy my nature rides, how about a pic of a swamp with your bike in it (not with your bike actually in the swamp...in the pic).

Attachments

#51 ·
According to the wetland delineation I just had done on Saturday, my property contains wetlands in Classes 2-8; in other words, from sorta dampish grass all the way to "Jimminy Cricket, you're not really going in there, are you?" But seeing as I already participated, I'll let this one go. I want you to know, I got some prime swamp here.

#53 ·
I can do that tomorrow morning.

#54 ·
Swamp photo:

Home to Great Blue Herons;

Next tag: A sign incorporating a vehicle in some way. An example:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.