Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Time to play Photag 2015. Get a pic of your bike at the specified tag first and win.

68K views 681 replies 55 participants last post by  Thomas 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok granted you will win the opportunity to pick the next tag if you successfully post your pic first and no real prizes, but the admiration of your fellow Twisted Twin compadres is prize enough.
Fun little game to give you a reason to get the bike out and ride and discover new things in your area.
At the request of some others I've started a new thread for 2015.

Here are the rules (thanks to americanclassic):

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I don't think it should be cx/gl specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) it's fine.

New suggestion. Try to keep it country/region neutral. So everyone can have a shot at getting the tag. i.e. In stead of say a picture with Big Ben, you say a pic with a giant clock. And in stead of say a pic from Yellow Stone, you ask for a pic in a state park. That way everyone has a chance to play.
Now get on your bike and ride.

See less See more
Reactions: LandofRath
#68 ·
I have always wanted a Bradley GT. One of my Dad's buddies had one when I was a kid and I loved it. Felt like a race car, at least to a kid it did. Lol

#69 ·
Embarrassingly dusty. Once the season is up and running here I will get all these out of the shop, give a good wash and take them for a ride.

I've been too busy working on my business, the 78/83 cafe project and riding the GL650 to get to them yet. Might be time to thin the herd.

Reactions: hurley
#73 ·
With one stoned ?:drunken_smilie:

#76 ·
I know of 3 close by and a billboard even.. but my bike is blocked by a huge amount of tools I rescued from a Montero that was 10 feet back in blackberry bushes..
Derusting and cleaning them all up to see what can be saved.

#77 ·
Within a year they have sprung up like weeds here in Vancouver BC. :p but nobody knows which ones are legal because the rules and regs are in such disarray. If the rules of the game allow, I'll give the option of something more wholesome--your bike next to a fruit stand. Do they have fruit stands in Indiana?

#86 · (Edited)
There is another one somewhere around here that is open to the public too..
View attachment 23905

Next: Your bike with a strangers CX/GL no cheating! Cant be someone you know.
This is a tough one LandofRath . In my home town there are no CX/GLs left, except my Silverwing. I am thus excluded from participation this time . A road side fruit stall would have been easier to find aroud here...

Reactions: Thomas
#92 ·
Reactions: Joebuck
#94 ·
Oh man! Hopefully this guys CX is still parked there tomorrow. I got this one in the bag.

#95 ·
Dang... it wasn't there tonight. Might have a challenge on my hands

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.