Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Time to play Photag 2015. Get a pic of your bike at the specified tag first and win.

68K views 681 replies 55 participants last post by  Thomas 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok granted you will win the opportunity to pick the next tag if you successfully post your pic first and no real prizes, but the admiration of your fellow Twisted Twin compadres is prize enough.
Fun little game to give you a reason to get the bike out and ride and discover new things in your area.
At the request of some others I've started a new thread for 2015.

Here are the rules (thanks to americanclassic):

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I don't think it should be cx/gl specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) it's fine.

New suggestion. Try to keep it country/region neutral. So everyone can have a shot at getting the tag. i.e. In stead of say a picture with Big Ben, you say a pic with a giant clock. And in stead of say a pic from Yellow Stone, you ask for a pic in a state park. That way everyone has a chance to play.
Now get on your bike and ride.

See less See more
Reactions: LandofRath
#2 · (Edited)
The first Challenge is to get a picture of your bike at the Train Station. Old or new, doesn't matter, and a bonus if there are trains or train cars in the pic as well.
Sort of like this one I took today in the little town of Liberty, NC after getting the go ahead to start this new thread.
Hopefully you can do one better.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

Gentlemen; The game is afoot. Let's play.

#5 ·
That is quite creative. :thumbsup: Let's see if anyone else responds in time.

#6 ·
Welll Heck....I live 15 miles from a really old train station in El Reno, OK and my bike has an electrical failure of some sort.
Besides that it has rained all day today.

#8 ·
I think you are close enough to the time frame and a good photo. So you're up, what's the next photo tag?

Reactions: nippongreen
#11 · (Edited)
I didn't want Your efforts to go unrewarded. So I rode out this morning to get it for you Nolimitz. Someone else beat me to it. Nice work.
Alamance Church near Greensboro North Carolina.
Motor vehicle Signage Sign Street sign Road

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

#12 · (Edited)
NEW TAG:

Since Major League Baseball just started, how about a photo of your bike and a baseball field (or stadium). Bonus points if there are actual players on the field. For our friends across the pond (or elsewhere in the world), a cricket ground (or similar) would also be acceptable.

This can be anything from a playground or school diamond to a Major League stadium.

EDIT: wow, two new posts while I was typing the new tag.

#14 ·
J
Wow, I know it's been raining around here for some time now, but I was sure someone would have gotten this one by now.
Might be time for a new challenge or to stretch the time limit some.

#18 ·
Ok I guess it's time for a new tag. I like pretty pictures so I'd like to see some pics of waterfalls. show us what cha got.

#20 ·
It's ok if it's from a spill way, a dam, or just a little creek.

#24 ·
I'd call this the winner since it is an actual water fall and not a spill way of a dam like the previous one.

#26 ·
Even though spillways and dams were cited specifically as valid subjects, I'll defer to Gregp since he did a lot more work than me, with the condition that he picks the same next subject that I specified. :D

All I did was hop on and go about 1/4 mile down the street I live on.

TF

#25 ·
Fantastic work Brother. I applaud your efforts. That's really going the extra mile.

#27 ·
I'll tell you what TF...we'll stick with the ice cream stand if I'm allowed to participate...I happen to have one a 1/4 mile from my shop;)
If I get a pic posted first I'll make the next challenge. Although there are quite a few of us with some serious time zone advantages. I think the boys on the other side of the pond could steal this one while we sleep.
Game on...

Missing Linkage...look about three quarters of the way (left to right) across the top of pic 2... partially obscured but I was leaning off of a boulder to try and get the whole bike in the pic...didn't want to lean too far as at the time I was thinking "nobody knows I'm here"....

#29 ·
Anyone near a Chinese temple and would a 21 speed hybrid bike count????

My beloved '81 CXC sleeps in the garage waiting my return.........:(:(

Which will be on May 10, pull 'er out o storage, stretch the new seat cover on.......fire up, gear up, wave bye for an hour or so.......

#30 ·
Ok, so I'm a little slow in getting on board, but now I'm eager to get my 15 seconds of fame. So what's the next challenge?

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.