guys -
very soon there will be a release of another option for the CX ignition -
see here

the HALL pickup option

and
the stock coil option

Im trying to work out the relative build quantities to get some stock ready -

so please vote
Hall Effect setup (this removes the need for all of the original CX coils except the 12V charging - ie not high voltage , no advance and no pickups)

Stock coils - (removes the need for high voltage and advancer - still need good pickup coils (similar to igntech setup)

third option -
I already have a igntech and would just like a hall effect pickup to use with it instead of my failing pickups....

See less See more
Reactions: Mike
#2 ·
Note - you failing BIKE pickups-

your failing BAR pickups - you need to look for help elsewhere ;)

Rayman

#4 ·
excellent on the rego -
the bar pickup - personal choice - standards are variable and tend to get lower the longer its been ..................

Rayman

#7 ·
Its really moot I think

All variants will be needed

Here most will want to only buy what will get them going now
Some if they are up grading will want to do the g8 installl and mot have to replace the pickups

And yet others that have the ignitec will need

The hall effect to replace there blown picups and get going Again

So it should be priced per unit but with a bundle discount would be my choice

#8 ·
Agreed tht all 3 are needed - agreed about bundle discount -
the question arrises from stocking parts and in particular rotors and PCBs which have to ordered in reasonable quantities -
its not so much about numbers as it is about the ratios - that need to be prepared, and whether I was going to bother making one for the igntech available.

Regards
Rayman

#10 ·
the joy of doing a full install BTW will be

open rear cover and gut all the old crap

install only a g8 stator close rear cover no wires to solder or combine or fuss with

i can even supply you with a rubber boot for the rear cover wires

install the hall effect pickups on the back of the motor and the rotor on the crank

set the timing using the static timing procedure

go riding you are now free of 35 year old parts

#14 ·
bump

#16 ·
test riding the test bed .....
thats one way of putting it ......

start with the stock pickup option - as thats easiest install - Q is your CDI stator high voltage ok - if so I should drop in a dummy load for you before you start - you dont want to lose those high voltage coils

Rayman

#17 ·
Only getting 285 ohms on the 5/9. Engine number indicate this should be the lower range of 315 to 385.... but who knows?

Either way it is marginal at best so I don't think a load is necessary.

I will run the bikes stock configuration first.. then fit one of your PSUs.

Once I'm satisfied the bike runs as it should I'll try your CDI option 1. Will make up the flyleads and plugs this arvo.

Then.... I'll sample the hall effects. ;]

#18 ·
just to be clear -
ALL THREE OPTIONS will be available -
VOTE for the one you WOULD chose -
Im looking for the ratios not the numbers themselves

Rayman

#19 ·
OK Ray, i've just voted for stock coil setup. Only because I have a good stock of pickups though.

And for the thingy I want hall effects and COP. ;}

Put 14 k on the blue bike today. Just have to rebalance the carbs. I think the swap from Mac to Motad has thrown things off somewhat. It idles on the right side only. Other than that it rides well.

#20 ·
I'd do ignitech w/hall effect pickup. I'm on my way in that direction, anyway!
Makes me happy these bikes are popular enough for some new technology.

#21 ·
Been testing one of Rays new ignitions for a little while and it was working well. Ray tweeked a couple of values on the advance curve yesterday and now it is even better. Though my bike is a CDI bike I believe it is now running a TI advance curve. This seems to work better than the CDI curve.

I have been testing back to back with this ignition and a good CDI unit powered by a Raymodule power supply unit to take this bikes marginal stator out of the equation. The bike runs well either way but I think a tad better/quicker with Rays ignition.

The version currently under test is for CDI, still using the bikes stock pickups. Basically it takes over from the stator CDI windings and replaces the advance pulsers function. Same as an ignitech.

I will soon pull the motor of the test bike to install the hall effect rotor and board and begin testing this. I may replace a couple of things inside the back cover while the motor is out, but removing the rear cover is uneccessary to install the hall effects as this can be done through the advance pulser cover.

I'll also be testing some coilovers with it too.

#23 ·
I have 2 bikes that are being re built and my buddy has another we are working on. I could only core for one but we went ask the old stuff out. I have a new ignitech that woo be going in bike 1 needing the hall effect. Bikes 2 and 3 will need full unit with hall effect. Count me in for those .

Thanks,
Ghilly

#25 ·
Any chance of buying a hall effect to use with my ignitech pretty soon? We have my engine tore down ands I just installed the custom rewind g8 stator. I would love to scrap the old stuff and not have to pull the motor later again.

Thanks,
Ghilly

#28 ·
I think I should take a full install kit too for my current build. And maby another one for the next build.

Seeing as I am in SA, it would probably be silly to post from AUS to USA & back to SA.

Murray I will chat with you soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.