JC's CX articles and featured builds - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: JC's CX articles and featured builds

JC
    Thanks Victor - that info is now added to the list

Dr. Don also sent me the Turbo numbers broken down by country. Added to the How Many page.

VC3
    Hi JC.....you're welcome, thanks for doing such nice work....

Partzilla has many of the other related parts on that schematic also, including the copper washers at only $ .77 each. Just scroll down the parts list.
    1979 CX500D project (in progress)

Hi JC, Was looking at your 'How many' page. My 1982 Shadow has a serial number of CX500 - 2402611 which is 83 higher than the one listed. Rego paper says 1983 so maybe one of the last?!

Cheers Keith
    1982 CX500 Shadow

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by K65POKER View Post
    Hi JC, Was looking at your 'How many' page. My 1982 Shadow has a serial number of CX500 - 2402611 which is 83 higher than the one listed. Rego paper says 1983 so maybe one of the last?!

Cheers Keith
    Thanks Keith - I'll update that now!

Did a little writeup on the starter motor mod reasons.

Did one Joe Hovel style - need a few more photos to make the process clearer, but most of it's up here.

Added two more builds to the list: RGK Street Trail and Auto Fabrica Type 8.

I also collated the part numbers for the various coolant overflow bottles onto one page, and will work on getting photos/dimensions/etc. up on that same page.

JC
    Someone asked for some pics of a CX500 Standard/Shadow/Deluxe tank on a CX650E frame:

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/...eluxe-standard

...I presume that it fits the same on GL500s and GL650s (and CX500Es) based on the similar frames.

Also did a very short writeup on removing the overflow tank on those models.

JC
    Added a Featured Build to the list - John did a bobber BBCR style:

Streetfighter - a Featured Build

Also updated the Triple/Quadruple Bypass Parts List and split off the 650 water pipe O-rings from the 500 ones in the table.

JC
    Added a CX650C chopper with a 45-degree rake to the featured builds - not a lot of information on it but there's a few fairly clear photos.

Added three other bikes to the build list - we're only a couple away from having 100 listed there.

Added the water collar 90701-415-000 dimensions.

Put down the part numbers for the different water pump covers and water pipes - working on taking the photos to add to that page.

At the moment I'm doing a quad bypass and this time I'm trying to take photos throughout the entire process to flesh out the triple/quadruple bypass pages. Very, very much a work in progress but I'm at the reassembly stage and have documented everything up to this point so fingers crossed I have time to do so for the rest!

On that note one article that's finished is the removing the water pump cover part.

As always, feedback welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Today's featured build is "The Gentleman's Cafe":

LINK

Nice work - CBR1000RR front end (typo'd in the URL...), monoshock rear, 2-1 exhaust, custom seat, disc rear brake and more.
    The article in tbe link states tgat tge next project he's working on mates tge comstar wheel to tge cbr1000 front end. IMO, tgat is tge only way to go. Having mismatching wheels detracts from tge otger positives. I personally don't care for tge color scheme in this bike, or some other aspects, but the cvr rear brake and rear monoshock looks ok.

JC
    I've been asked this a few times and finally got around to doing the screenshots of it - here's how I measure driveshaft angles.

Murray's pre-production automatic tensioner rebuild kit arrived - here's the install.

I updated the Triple or Quadruple Bypass Parts List with some updated links and corrected one error.

I had one of each of the designs of automatic cam chain tensioners on hand so I got a photo of one next to the other showing the difference in hole locations.

I went through the various parts fiches and added the non-GL TI motors to the camshaft part numbers list.

On a technical note, I've been really busy this week adding a content delivery network (well, a CDN of sorts) to improve website performance for UK, Canadian and US visitors in particular. The site visitors come from:

39.82% USA
    13.04% Australia
    10.0% UK
    9.17% Canada
    %rest - varies hugely

...and of those the Australians get by far the best site performance due to everything being hosted in Sydney. Adding a CDN to the mix means that the website content is cached in the UK, Europe, Canada, the US and elsewhere - so that most of the site requests go to a server located in your country and your connection doesn't have to trek all the way down under every time you load a page. So far in testing from a test server in Canada page load times have gone from 6 seconds to 3.2.

The point of all this is that there's a chance that you might get 404 error pages or blank white pages while the settings are being tweaked - so please let me know if the website does anything weird. We'll be testing it from here as much as possible, but I'd still very much like to know about any issues anybody encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    [snip]...your connection doesn't have to trek all the way down under every time you load a page.
    This is good. I understand you US folk have trouble reading when the webpage is upside down.
    VladTepes likes this.
    1981 CX500 B(?) Shadow

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links