Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Looking for Sidecar Bob

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Sidecar Bob 
#1 ·
I'm going to be in Pefferlaw this coming weekend - n' know it's short notice - but like to meet up with Sidecar Bob .....n' looking for his address ????

Cheers,

Bryan ..... (from Halifax, N.S.) ....

#4 ·
Hi Sarnia - shoot I'm going around the Cabot Trail next month ....... is he staying at the Cabot Trail Motorcycle Retreat with Pat n' Angie - as that's where I stayed last Fall - n' going back there - it's near Baddeck .... don't know if we're going near Sarnia - as straight line from Hamilton to T.O. - then Pefferlaw .....

Bryan (Halifax) .....

#6 ·
Bryan contacted me through the forum. We had to leave early this morning to go from our home in Woodville to Hillsburgh about 3 hours west) to pick up a brand new Ural sidecar frame to replace the old one under Eccles' sidecar, then back via Scarberia and Oshawa. We are in Pefferlaw mow and we have been to the B&B where Bryan & Shelley will be staying but they haven't arrived yet so I decided to check whether he had tried to contact us during the day.

I will try to get a pic of Bryan & I and post it back here later on.

#7 ·
We left my number with the B&B and went for dinner and as soon as they brought the food Bryan called, so as soon as we were done we headed back to the B&B to finally meet them.

I didn't get a pic. Yet. Bryan wants to see my sidecars (& bikes) so they are coming here before they head back to Hamilton tomorrow.

BTW: Keith hasn't been here (although he knows he is welcome anytime). We were neighbours at the First Canadian CX Rally, though...

Gord (Rat) has been here a couple of times and a couple of others came to pick up 99% patches when I was selling them.

Its always neat when you finally get to meet someone that you have known for years.

#8 ·
..........BTW: Keith hasn't been here (although he knows he is welcome anytime). We were neighbours at the First Canadian CX Rally, though...

Sorry, it was late, I think beer was involved.... so I didn't get my story straight... did hear he met you - location was the issue. On my way back from Ottawa, I took a route that took me through Bancroft and Gravenhurst. It was a lot longer, but such a nice tour compared to the Concrete Jungle called the 400 series. You'll have to send me your actual address, for my next tour - It's not the destination, but those you meet along the way.

#10 ·
You'll have to send me your actual address, for my next tour
For some reason the forum won't let me send you a PM and you don't have an email link...

BTW: I forgot to mention that Gene & Don (perhaps the most intrepid CXers) stopped here for a couple of days (scheduled maintenance stop) on their epic sidecar journey too.

#11 ·
For some reason the forum won't let me send you a PM and you don't have an email link...

If I can convince the ladies to do a side trip, after the "Ottawa Misfits" rally, we might swing by that way again, yes sights are great - sounds - excellent on the DN-01, Smells... no so much - a lot of dead skunks!

dcadon (at) Yahoo (dot) com

#12 ·
Hi All - n' especially Sidecar Bob n' his wife - Shelley n' I got home around 6 p.m. (took the long way there n' back - as we both enjoy the scenery vrs. speed) - n' had a really nice visit with you both this weekend - n' thanks again for taking Shelley on her very first sidecar ride today - as she's still beaming - as am I !!!! - as just maybe I can still talk her into a sidecar over her own Spyder - but either way works for me (he he) - as maybe she'll let me ride the spyder ????? ..... anyway - we got a couple really good pics from the B&B on Saturday evening n' today - n' gonna try to post them on this forum this week ......

Cheers, n' if your or anyone is ever planning a visit to or around Halifax, N.S. - the door is open !!!

Halifax - Bryan ... n' Hamilton - Shelley ...... (at present) - but we have BIG PLANS AHEAD .... (smiles) ..... like hauling a little hobbit house trailer behind the bike -

#14 ·
Bryan:

I'm glad the pics Shelley took are good. Kay hasn't used my camera before and as near as I can figure out she didn't realize she had to push the shutter the second time after it told her it was ready so none of them were saved.

I have sent you a PM with my email address. If you can't post the pics send them to me and I will.

#15 ·
Bryan, Good to hear you are still kicking up some dust. Been awhile since I've heard of you.

#16 ·
A couple of old weirdos:

Bryan (California Choppers shirt) & Bob (Ural "if you think you can read this you are either drunk or Russian" shirt) in Pefferlaw on Saturday night

Bryan & Bob in bob's garage on Sunday afternoon

Now this is what its all about:

Shelley getting ready for her first sidecar ride

#18 ·
The cheapie sounded pretty good, especially when I hooked it up to the speakers in Eccles' fairing, and it stayed on station better than any other stereo I have had on a bike. I bought another one for the other bike. Near the end of the summer the one on Mr.H started having problems, particularly if it rained. Eventually it failed completely. When I opened it up I found water marks inside so I concluded that it wasn't really waterproof (no duh).

I bought a $70 car stereo for Eccles and put the cheapie that still works away with the intention of mounting it inside Mr.H's sidecar this spring. Mr.H still isn't on the road yet this summer because I have been painting & doing a bunch of restoration type stuff. Installing the radio will have to wait for a weekend that I have some free time after Mr.H is on the road.

Of course, after I spent $70 for a car stereo that doesn't work as well as the cheapie did, I realized that the cheapie probably wouldn't have filled up with water if I had installed it in Eccles' fairing with the vinyl cover over it. Or in the sidecar. I just might do something about that one of these days...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.