2017 Phototag Game
Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 2017 Phototag Game

Ok the person who post the picture of their bike and the Tag wins the right to name the next Tag. There are a few ground rules, but it's the honor system, we trust you to ride your bike to a location, because the whole point is to get out and ride, or at least dicker around with the bike anyway. So if you guys want to play along, just join in whenever you can. Nothing dangerous, illegal, or just plain dumb ok? Rules to follow, please give a quick skim, most questions can be answered there, and as always they are flexible, especially the timeframe during the cold months. Happy New Year, and Welcome to 2017 Phototag.

Enjoy the Ride
    Thomas

Here are the rules (thanks to americanclassic):

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I don't think it should be cx/gl specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) it's fine.

New suggestion. Try to keep it country/region neutral. So everyone can have a shot at getting the tag. i.e. In stead of say a picture with Big Ben, you say a pic with a giant clock. And in stead of say a pic from Yellow Stone, you ask for a pic in a state park. That way everyone has a chance to play.
    Now get on your bike and ride.
    Last edited by Thomas; 02-22-2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Update.

First tag is your bike and a City/Town Name sign, like the ones you see when entering a city or town. Then you get to post what the next tag is.
    Enjoy the ride,
    Thomas
    Last edited by Thomas; 02-22-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Tag-o-rama game

She isnt much of a looker yet but it does have two wheels.
    Tag

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

gresh125 you have to say what the new tag is so that someone else can get it. What is the new tag?
    Mike

1981 GL500 (Jacob)
    1982 GL500I (Phil)
    1981 GL500 (Blackie) parts bike
    1983 GL650I (Big Red) parts bike
    198? CX500C (Adam) only a few parts left
    London, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for starting a new one Thomas, I was missing it!
    1981 CX 500 Deluxe
    Martha'a Vineyard, Ma

I will post a new tag tomorrow after work. I am waiting to here back from Thomas on an idea I had that involves a little more riding on part of the winner of the current tag.

Once you decide on a new tag you would also have to take a pic and post your bike next to the new tag you want others to go find. just like tag o rama over at the adv rider forums. it ads a bit of fun.
    let go
    and let God

Me too
    Last edited by purplecx500; 02-23-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    SideCar Bob's great thread on settings. http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...ould-make.html
    Main Wiki you can search by topic: http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page
    Just an Old Rant not very Important: http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...me-advice.html
    St

StatorTest;;
    http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

'Eager" 1979 CX500C Maroon.
    Name is derived from the sound of this engine at highway speeds.
    Like its eager to go.
    had a Horse that was "Eager"
    But didn't sound the same.
    So I called him "Duke"

Quote Originally Posted by gresh125 View Post
    I will post a new tag tomorrow after work. I am waiting to here back from Thomas on an idea I had that involves a little more riding on part of the winner of the current tag.

Once you decide on a new tag you would also have to take a pic and post your bike next to the new tag you want others to go find. just like tag o rama over at the adv rider forums. it ads a bit of fun.
    I'm not on board with that at all. Too high of a hurdle IMO. I also like to pick tags that l can't get in my neck of the woods since I'm not eligible for my own tag. You are welcomed to start your own tag game with your own rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1981 CX 500 Deluxe
    Martha'a Vineyard, Ma

seems like an unnecessary change
    SideCar Bob's great thread on settings. http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...ould-make.html
    Main Wiki you can search by topic: http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page
    Just an Old Rant not very Important: http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...me-advice.html
    St

StatorTest;;
    http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

'Eager" 1979 CX500C Maroon.
    Name is derived from the sound of this engine at highway speeds.
    Like its eager to go.
    had a Horse that was "Eager"
    But didn't sound the same.
    So I called him "Duke"

Quote Originally Posted by gresh125 View Post

This doesn't seem to fit the picture. Stick with the original format, it allows the global users to keep things less restrictive.
    rscottp and barefootboy like this.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.

G-Loria's Story I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links