whats the worst/most outrageous thing thats happened to you while riding?? - Page 3
Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: whats the worst/most outrageous thing thats happened to you while riding??

"So we get to about 1 mile from the Florida border and we pass a few of Georgia's finest in the median. They are just standing there and as we pass, they have their hands on their hips and are just shaking their heads as we pass, like "You stupid idiots, glad you are leaving our state!".
    And Sheriff Buford T. Justice was on the radio yelling, "You sumbitches couldn't close a screen dooar."
    Is that how you spell "door" in Redneck?

Of all the things I've learned to make....money is the hardest.

So many miles so many funny storys, favorite moment going across Golden Gate bridge and looking straight up! "Thinking man this one big f@#$ing bridge" end quote. Next, riding with good friend both having wives on board , and spot Leann feeding Andy a sesame seed snapp. Got on bike intercoms and ask Andy if they mind sharing ," of course" is his reply ,so at 60mph we bring bikes close enough for Leann to pass over some to Elizabeth, dang good tasting snap. Well take you time and be safe Gerard
    current bikes,
    1983 CX650e
    1981 Gl500i
    Shiny up Rubber Down

The rider ahead of me scared up a large grasshopper, it hit me in the corner of the mouth.
    I reached up to wipe away the blood, that is when I found out that I have green blood. Yuk.
    1979 CX500C (Marshall's bike)

1981 Yamaha XS650 (New Adventure)

1979 Honda CB400T II (Rescued Bike)

1972 Suzuki RV90(for the grandkids)Ole Smokey

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well I don't know if I should tell about the Pallet(yes 3x5 wood thing)

the 4x4 the Bat the Owl or a non motorcycle incident

recounted by an Old Indian I knew growing up.
    Last edited by purplecx500; 03-18-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    SideCar Bob's great thread on settings. http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...ould-make.html
    Main Wiki you can search by topic: http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page
    Just an Old Rant not very Important: http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...me-advice.html
    St

StatorTest;;
    http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

'Eager" 1979 CX500C Maroon.
    Name is derived from the sound of this engine at highway speeds.
    Like its eager to go.
    had a Horse that was "Eager"
    But didn't sound the same.
    So I called him "Duke"

Back in the 80's, in addition to bike rallies , I was also involved in stage rallying ( The Merkin colonials might need to check Wikipedia here, I'll wait ..... ) Right , back with me?
    On my club's event I was asked to courier time cards from the end of on stage , about 2 miles to where the nearst phone was ( Pre mobile/cell) hand over the cards, return and repeat ,over and over...
    I had that route down pat, brake , gear, turn, power , lift, gear , gear , brake etc...
    There was one really nasty bend downhill , about 110 degrees, big drop on the nearside , rock on the offside , but it was Ok there was a stray traffic cone about 5 yrs before the braking point. As soon as the orange wnet out of the corner of my eye, BRAKE! GEAR FLICK!
    I was on fire, slicker than slick, I was using every inch from white line to the marbles ( Only idiots got there)
    On one run there was a bunch of teenager walking down the pavement ( Colonial traslator needed here) but they were not a provblem.
    Drop off, back down the valley, pick up, back up ....
    Cone, Brake, Gear , flick. FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK! The corner is tighter , i'm faster, further in...

The bastard fucking twatting teenagers must have moved the cone!!!!!! :-(

I got round , JUST! I used every inch od road, and the marbles ( Only idiots go there?) and only got round by the tyre jamming in the angle between kerb and road, and yes was lucky not to highside it.

Lesson learnt. The road is like dice, it has no memory, treat each corner as if it's new ...
    GL500 Interstate in Silver, just like the cover of the Haynes manual!

CX500 EC Sitting on the drive , rotting :-(

http://thecattles.me.uk/

"Lesson learnt. The road is like dice, it has no memory, treat each corner as if it's new .."

Ah, and I used to tell pilots of the planes I worked on, "Remember, every flight is a test flight."
    There are no guarantees when you pour the coals to a light plane. 99.9% of the time it is a routine flight. But you never know when that connecting rod will let go, or the crankshaft break, or the piston gets a hole in it. Maybe it was below freezing and when you sumped the fuel drains, the ice didn't move. Then you flew to a warmer place and now you've got a slug of water in the fuel line, headed towards the engine. At the worst possible time it reaches the carb bowl while you're turning to final and you're just a bit low. Then you go to add power and gulp, it swallows it and it gets very quiet. Now you're a glider pilot on short final. Good luck with that.
    jak likes this.
    Of all the things I've learned to make....money is the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Okie View Post
    The rider ahead of me scared up a large grasshopper, it hit me in the corner of the mouth.
    I reached up to wipe away the blood, that is when I found out that I have green blood. Yuk.
    I had one go IN my mouth riding through the woods as a kid. Had a heck of a time just spitting it out again. Learned to keep my mouth shut, no matter how much fun I was having.

R
    nolimitz, OCR and jabreeze77 like this.
    10th Annual Minnesota Spring Ride and Barbecue - Saturday, May 13, 2017
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1978 CX500 Standard - The Grub

1981 GL500 Basket case -> AdventureWing (Dual-sport conversion in progress) - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

1979 CX500 Deluxe rolling chassis -> Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by jabreeze77 View Post
    Riding on a trip in eastern KY when I was younger. I was on the back with my dad on a Vulcan, my older brother was on a shadow, and two other friends. One (the older and father to the other) was on a Vulcan nomad and his adult son was on some piece of junk sport bike. Somehow it was the best bike he could scrap up on short notice. We went to see the Natural Bridge state park in the Daniel Boone national forest. After we left there we went pleasure riding down backroads. The junk sport bike broke down on the road and we pulled off into a mans front yard. As some of you probably know there can be some shady people in the hills of Appalachia. Well of all people we happened to stop in the yard of a motorcycle builder and engineer. I don't remember the name of the bike but he was the man who built a famous drag racing bike that is on display in the Harley museum in Michigan or Wisconsin I don't remember which. I was younger so I don't remember much of what he was like but he was nice haha. He ran some extension chords from his barn for a battery charger I think and helped us get the bike on the road. The coolest part about meeting him was that my dad and by brother had just been up to that museum, along with other sights in the area, and had seen his race bike, maybe a year before.

Really cool guy. Humble. If he got rich from that bike you wouldn't know it. Was living in a trailer home in the backwoods. he didn't have the appearance of a hot head smarty pants either. Just a good ole boy from KY. Like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you're talking about Ray Price.
    I also went to see natural bridge and learned the red roads on my gps are walking paths. There's a lot of gravel there.
    jabreeze77 likes this.
    1968 Honda CT90 Trail-Yellow Monster project
    1979 Honda CX500 Supertanker 72,000 miles.
    1983 Honda Gl650I Falcon-killer 78,000 miles.
    Pictures of my bikes Past and Present.

Quick Reference Sheps Forum Supertanker Build Back up Info ⇒ Free Factory Service Manuals ⇐

Back in the day, when I was younger and full of whatever young guys are full of,
    riding along when 2 teenagers changed lanes and forced the guy who was riding
    50 feet ahead of me out of his lane and into the curb. He did not fall but he was mad as hell.
    The boys stopped a block or two down the road to get some gas. My friend said "you know what to do"
    and we rode into the station to confront the driver. Not much of a confrontation.
    I held the passenger side door closed while my friend climbed in from the driver side and pounded the
    crap out of the driver. Then we rode calmly away.
    1979 CX500C (Marshall's bike)

1981 Yamaha XS650 (New Adventure)

1979 Honda CB400T II (Rescued Bike)

1972 Suzuki RV90(for the grandkids)Ole Smokey

I was riding my black bomber eastbound on I-80 near Salt Lake just after dusk. Hundreds of miles of good smooth pavement, relaxed, enjoying the ride when I hit the pothole sent from hell. Almost fell off the bike but managed to maintain control. A lid on one of the hard bags flew off and half the stuff inside became airborne and scattered all over the freeway. A soapstone sculpture I was carving broke into many small particles. My cheese slices flew like miniature frizbees into the adjacent field. Other items were lost in the dark. Not much traffic so I gathered what I could and continued to Toronto with a much more cautious attitude.
    purplecx500 likes this.
    '83 CX650E with touring hardware

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links