Forgive me but I bought a Harley-Davidson
Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Forgive me but I bought a Harley-Davidson

Forgive me but I bought a Harley-Davidson

Sold my beautiful CX 500.

Thank you all so much for all the help I received on this forum. But if you like motorcycles you should have a Harley-Davidson once in your lifetime.

Goodbye.

Name:  hd.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  134.1 KB
    obo515 likes this.
    1982 CX500 Custom
    2006 Yamaha TW200

I agree bye.

Everybody should own a Convertible too.

Actually I'm still tryn to get that old Panhead.
    obo515 likes this.
    SideCar Bob's settings. http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...ould-make.html
    Main Wiki you can search by topic: http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page
    Old rant http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-...me-advice.html
    St
    StatorTest;;
    http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page
    'Eager" 1979 CX500C Maroon.
    Named for the way it runs/sounds @ 65 +

"But if you like motorcycles you should have a Harley-Davidson once in your lifetime."
    Not in my lifetime, I won't.
    obo515 likes this.
    Of all the things I've learned to make....money is the hardest.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

I kind of liking the Roadster for around the town. It has a WWII bike feeling.
    obo515 likes this.
    Dionysis

79 CX500 C
    07 RSV 1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777

Wide open spaces of Nevada the HD will be right at home. Enjoy.
    obo515 likes this.
    The 2,4,10 rule: know what is happening 2 seconds, 4 seconds and 10 seconds down the road.

Current: '03 Kawasaki ZZR1200, '84 Kawasaki GPZ900R, '84 VF500F Interceptor, '83 GL650I, '81 CX500C, '82 GL500I project, '81 CX500C basket case, '79 CB750LTD, '85 CB700SC, '01 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, '72 Yamaha G7S

It's a XL1200R right? I noticed the dual discs up front. I looked at a 2004 or 2005 a while back. Super clean and (most importantly) all stock. The Rs are hard to come by.

Their current Sportster lineup is too low. I test rode an Iron a while back and grounded something making an easy left-hander on to a side road. With real shocks and swapping fork guts to get more travel it would be fun, but then you're closer in $$$ to the new Roadster which is trying to be too sporty (read uncomfortable). I'd like if they brought back the plain old stripped down 883 like was around from 1986 - mid 2000s. Plenty of old ones out there so I'll likely just go the used route anyway when I get there.

Rurlndum, I'll modify your statement a bit... But if you like motorcycles you should have one of each in your lifetime.
    obo515 likes this.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi

I have a bunch of motorcycles. I love my Fatboy. I will ride the CX to bike nights and around town. It is to buzzy for me for long distances.
    My next project will probably be a GL to cafe racer. I also am looking at a 1978 shovel head with sidecar for my AMCA ride along with the CX.
    I also want to build a 100 hp Harley 883 motor in a pre-2004 sportster.

My son just picked up a,1973 DNEPR built in the Ukraine. It is getting badged as a German WWII BMW.

Anyone going to Oley Swap meet the end of the month?
    obo515 likes this.

I had a Harley many decades ago when it was "AMF" and I was a broke teenager. Good grief. Ride-it-fix-it-repeat. Memories of the abysmal quality remain.
    The only good thing that came of that relationship was how quickly I learned to try and keep a bike on the road when it didn't want to leave the garage.

And sometimes it really punished me for disturbing its rest.

I may own another one at some point. I'm having WAY too much fun with my GL-500i at present.
    obo515 likes this.
    1982 GL500 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    I had a Harley many decades ago when it was "AMF" and I was a broke teenager. Good grief. Ride-it-fix-it-repeat. Memories of the abysmal quality remain.
    The only good thing that came of that relationship was how quickly I learned to try and keep a bike on the road when it didn't want to leave the garage.

And sometimes it really punished me for disturbing its rest.

I may own another one at some point. I'm having WAY too much fun with my GL-500i at present.
    I will never own a Harley because I have known too many guys who had one long time ago an they would constantly have issues. I know my father jokes about how you used to buy one brand new and once you got it home you put a pan under it to catch the leaking oil. I know they are much better now, but they still have that reputation. Honda on the other hand seems to have reputation for just working.

The other bigger issue to me is Harley obsession with their sound. I personally don't care to be rattling everyone's windows out when I drive past. Just overall never cared for the Harley.
    obo515 likes this.
    82 CX500 Turbo

Most of my best friends who can stil ride are on HD. I am so glad Willy D saved the mark from AMF! Loud pipes do save lives, but ear-plugs are nice too,,,,, there has to be a compromise in tuning for amplitude or power rolling thunder will not be denied by me peace
    CX650C- mostly stock re-paint, pix and avatar later,,, no hints please, I gotta figure it out,,,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links