Well today could have gone better. Took the CX to work and got pulled over.
Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Well today could have gone better. Took the CX to work and got pulled over.

Well today could have gone better. Took the CX to work and got pulled over.

in the 70's today in New England. The guys at work have been wanted to see the CX so I decided to drive it in from NH to Mass. Its not a normal journey I would attempt being a 4hr ride. Its a 55 mile ride each way and usually take 1.5-2hrs. usually longer going home. The Honda was running great. While sitting in bumper to bumper traffic I saw a state trooper about 6 cars up in the breakdown lane. He made some sudden moves and I figured I was going to get pulled over. He waited till I passed at 2mph and cut off 3 lanes of traffic to get behind me. Put on his lights and started screaming at me over his Mic. He screamed to "pull that ridiculous POS into the break down lane" The bike is fully insured, registered and inspected. While remaining in his SUV he screamed at me to remove my helmet, eyeglasses, place my backpack on the ground, unzip my leather and walk backwards towards his suv. He finally got out and screamed at me for 20 minutes. I was baffled, I did my best to stay calm as he stated "U may be able to get away with this Shit in NH but not here". I said calmly "Sir I do not understand what I did, I'm simply a 40 year old single dad commuting to work" After a tirade to no where he settle on my rear fender being unacceptable... He said the fender must completely cover the rear wheel. I paused then said "sir, clearly you don't approve of my motorcycle. that being said you are simply wrong... I'm not trying to argue with you but if you look at any sports bike you will see that less than 1/4 is covered and show him pictures of other bikes." He ran my license and came back and yelled at me that I had said that I was from NH but I used to live in MA and should know better than to try to pull this shit. I said "sir I haven't lived in MA for over 20 years and still do not understand what it is I did wrong" After more yelling he let me leave with out a ticket or warning....

It really ruined me day and seeing I have an annual charity ride this Saturday in Mass to help send children with autism to summer camp I'm hesitant to take the Honda.. It was on my mind the whole way home and got me thinking... He clearly decided to pull me over 1. before he saw my fender 2. before he saw that I'm from NH... So what do you guys make outta it? Honda hater or simply thinks I'm too fat and old to ride a bobber..
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

I'm guessing he's just a Masshole with a badge. If the charity you are going to ride for is near and dear to your heart, then I say go ahead and do it.

Oh yeah...... Old fat guys RULE
    If it doesn't make you smile, you're on the wrong bike.

1983 GL650I X 2

My experience of going on a number of toy runs is that the police are on their best behaviour and make a point of not harrassing bikers.

I'd still go.
    nolimitz likes this.
    Rebuilding Handlebar Switches

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

GET A MULTIMETER RTFM I am a CX500. If you maintain me I will run forever.

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ya its my friends charity and for a great cause.. At this point in my life I try not to kick up too much dust but I just don't know what there is to "fix" on the bike. Got me wondering if the Gentlemen's ride is going to be an issue this year.
    nolimitz likes this.
    1981 CX500 deluxe Bobber

I'd have gotten his badge number, pulled out my cell phone and started recording.
    He'd have been on YouTube tonight.

I want to see a picture of the bike.
    1968 Honda CT90 Trail-Yellow Monster project
    1979 Honda CX500 Supertanker 72,000 miles.
    1983 Honda Gl650I Falcon-killer 78,000 miles.
    Pictures of my bikes Past and Present.

Quick Reference Sheps Forum Supertanker Build Back up Info ⇒ Free Factory Service Manuals ⇐

I'd forget him and just go for it. Life is too short to worry about those kinds of people. The lack of any type of ticket should mean he just wanted to hassle you. Recording on the cell phone is a good idea.
    Last edited by Winging It; 05-16-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    cjalaska likes this.
    If it doesn't make you smile, you're on the wrong bike.

1983 GL650I X 2

Your story reminds me of when I got a traffic ticket from an obnoxious cop for a minor infraction. I went to court to admit guilt with explanation and state my dissatisfaction with the officer's behaviour to the judge.
    When my case was called, he reviewed his notes and decided not to pursue the charge. Case dismissed. I think he realized he was guilty of being a jerk.
    '83 CX650E with touring hardware

Quote Originally Posted by timothy_d View Post
    I'd have gotten his badge number, pulled out my cell phone and started recording.
    He'd have been on YouTube tonight.
    In this day and age reaching for a cell phone might have gotten him shot.
    1970 Honda z50 ...............................www amitytech com.........where I work.
    1972 Suzuki gt380
    1976 Kawasaki kz400
    1976 Kawasaki kz650
    1979 cx500c
    1980 cx500c
    1983 cx650e
    1983 gl650I

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...Service_Manual

This may help.
    OCR likes this.
    1978 cx500

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast