Honda Riding Assist. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Honda Riding Assist.

I hate this sort of stuff. The South Australian state government wants to make our state the world hub for driverless car technology.

These cars will communicate with each other to prevent accidents - making human drivers a wild card that further down the track they will want to get rid of because the driverless cars computers won't know what a human driver is about to do.

I fear for the future of enjoying a drive or ride.
    chilimac and OCR like this.
    Rebuilding Handlebar Switches

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

GET A MULTIMETER RTFM I am a CX500. If you maintain me I will run forever.

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Did they hide some kind of heavy gyroscope in there somewhere?
    its one thing for the bike to move itself and stay upright, but i doubt it could make large enough corrections to compensate for a riders weight shifting. Notice how careful the tech is when he is on the bike to keep the center of gravity exactly over the wheel base. great concept, but just a pile of more stuff to go wrong with the bike, making it hard to be worked on without a ton of expensive equipment just like today's computer run cars. When it comes to bikes, I want to be the one in control, and when I feel its time to give that control to the bike I will get a 3 wheeler lol
    1982 CX500C
    1979 GL1000

For detailed service and repair info, see the CX WIKI Pages
    Rebuilding a carb, do it right with Larry's Carb Book

Some people are like answering machines..... they ask but are incapable of listening

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Did they hide some kind of heavy gyroscope in there somewhere?

From what I've read, it uses a similar system as Asimo, their robot. It is very compact. The 6-axis sensors, Gyroscopes & Acceleration Sensors are all fit on a single board about the size of a voltage regulator.

I don't see much use for the heeling feature, but for many riders the self balancing and lowering aspects of this prototype will keep them riding longer. Many riders with physical impairments will also be able to ditch their glorified 3 wheeled convertibles and ride a motorcycle again.
    Last edited by Cobram; 01-07-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    1978 CX500 X 2
    1982 GL500I

I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got here, or how I'm going to get out.

Four wheels move the body; Two wheels move the Soul.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good point about older riders, I'm in favor of anything that results in less of those can-am spiders on the road.
    1981 CX 500 Deluxe
    Martha'a Vineyard, Ma

You can get a nice compact car cheaper than a Can-Am.
    Don't be an idiot !

Current: '03 Kawasaki ZZR1200, '84 Kawasaki GPZ900R, '84 VF500F Interceptor, '83 GL650I, '81 CX500C, '82 GL500I project, '81 CX500C basket case, '79 CB750LTD, '85 CB700SC, '01 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, '72 Yamaha G7S

Hmmm.......bikes have been following me home for several years..no sugar cube needed, but they do leave piles of saddle bags and cracked fairings behind ...and I know some of you have this issue more often than me : )
    OCR likes this.
    #1=81 GL500I rider sold to Steve, #2=82 Yellow GL500I rider, #3=81 GL500 rider that is/has become parts bike, #4 = 83 GL650 in need of full restore but is becoming a parts bike #5= GL650I rolling basket case that is now on the road #6= Naked GL650 runs but have not started on it yet is missing title but after it's 30 years old next year I can get a new title here in Florida with only a bill of sale. (I'm up to bike #15 or is it #17 now but have sold a few)

My UNI has the same technology. Here I am riding to the Amish before the snow flies.
    cx650c/cx500/gl500/gl650
    gearshift spring #4 on microfiche:http://www.ebay.com/itm/141622820137...84.m1555.l2649

I want to see an autonomous car follow me down Jacks Hollow Road in an ice storm. I had to crawl to the garage one morning to take the Mrs. to work. It was in a 5 speed 77 Accord. I thought the challenge was fun in a warped sort of way.
    I just don't think a programmer can write enough lines of code to equal the human brain and experience in all types of conditions. Programming an ABS system is one thing. Reading a curve for degree of bank, traction availability based on road surface and tire type/wear, and that deer jumping out in front of you does not compute. But you go ahead if you have to live in a big city area with mostly drugged drivers around you. Get that autopilot feature in your next vehicle. Let us know how it works out.
    CXPHREAK, chilimac, OCR and 1 others like this.
    Of all the things I've learned to make....money is the hardest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links