Honda CX 500 Forum banner

I have stuff- Offer Thread for free or next to free

94K views 240 replies 108 participants last post by  drrevx 
#1 ·
I recently received a lovely short windshield for the cost of shipping and I was reminded of a thread on a bicycle forum I am a member of. Any way this is pretty simple. If you have some old parts laying around that you don't anticipate ever using you offer them for free here. If you want to be paid for shipping that's fair but in my case I'll cover the postage as long as you don't mind budget postal shipping. Anyway here are the goods

1 shiny fairing bling (I'm sure that isn't what Honda called it) unfortunately minus the Honda emblem

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

and 1 left marker/blinker light whit a slight bit of damage to the lens all the rest of it is perfect including the rubber and bulb

Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive lighting Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

I know they aren't perfect but they are functional if you need them and most of all they are FREE

So if anyone else has some bits laying about post them up and help a brother or sister out

See less See more
#66 ·
Hey there folks,
Here's a link to my photobucket. Everything I have on here that's marked for sale is either for sale (really cheap) or free. I won't be needing any of it.
Remember I live in Ireland folks so shipping may get expensive depending on the size and weight, but if you want it you can have it.

Owen_Flynn's Library | Photobucket

Oh yeah I tried to highlight any damage to parts etc but if you want more photos or descriptions let me know.

#71 ·
82 GL frame, no title

Frame for an '82 GL500. Bought as a parts bike without title. Pretty bad rust in a few places. Just figured I'd offer the frame before I sell it for scrap, I'll be making some other parts available from it as I figure out what I don't need for spares.

Would have to pick up in the 44129 zip (Parma, OH).

#74 ·
I replaced the rear drive in my 82 GL500 recently with a complete unit off E-bay.
I now offer a rear drive, good housing, gears & seals that needs new bearings. The cage on the small side shattered and I'm sure there is debris in the big side.
If you have access to a bearing puller and press this would be an easy fix.
It might be worth it to someone as the splines all look good to me.
You can have it for the cost of shipping.

#75 · (Edited)
Hey, I finally get to make a post where I have some parts!

I got a smokin' deal on a pair of chrome/foam grips. There are some advantages to living smack in the middle of Harley country and with all my neighbors owning one :) Anyway, I have a set of stock grips and a strap on rubber wrist saver (no comments Ramp! lol) to anyone who needs them. They are like new and run around $20 on Ebay, so evidently, they are worth something to someone. These have the special forum member discount though and don't cost a cent above shipping :)

Edit: grips are gone :)

#80 ·
One other thing jacked up on my bike was both the clutch and brake levers. The clutch lever was black plastic and a bit wobbly. The brake lever was OEM, but bent down (honestly) to the point it was almost vertical lol. I wanted to fix them of course, but wanted them matching and OEM if possible. Found a great deal on Ebay and got around to installing them today. Turns out, the "82" brake lever is slightly different than an 80. The clutch lever worked out perfectly though. I ended up fixing my old brake lever with a rubber mallet and a crack in an old landscaping timber. Wasn't that hard actually!

Anyway, I have a perfectly fine, used OEM front brake lever for an '82 Custom if anyone needs one!

#81 · (Edited)
I have a fairing off a gl1100 (at least that is what the badge says) that I assume has been modified to fit a 79 custom (in rough shape) and a set of hard locking bags (still have the keys) modified from a yamaha to fit a 79 Custom (one bag has a crack in the lid but should be easily fixed). I can take some pictures if anyone is interested ... PM me ... All is free ... I would like these gone by the time the snow flies :( - I know ... snow is a bad word ...

#85 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

1981 GL500I fairing and mounting equipment. Condition is generally rough, but serviceable. Includes headlight, but the high beam filament on the bulb is burnt out, low beam still works. Will include fairing mounted mirrors, but be warned, they are practically useless. PM me if interested. Will be removing trunk (also in rough but serviceable condition) and the trunk setback kit in the next week or so.
Edit : trunk and setback claimed by Joe

#87 ·
Thanks to Greycat for most of a fairing :icon_cheese: and the Yamaha bags. I just did some measuring and I'm pretty sure I can make them work. I didn't realize quite how big they are until I started measuring - the right one will be pretty close to the sidecar.

BTW: Did you get everything covered up before it rained? I was pretty glad to be inside when it hit. It was down to a drizzle by the time we headed home.

Now I have the rack that came with the bags and I don't need it. I think it fits a CX500D (that's what your parts bike is, right Sean?) The chrome is a bit rusty and there are a couple of holes drilled in one of the platform tubes (looks like someone had a box mounted on it maybe). I can take a pic if anyone is interested.

Pickup preferred or I can mail it to you for cost of postage.

#88 ·
Hey Bob ... NP on the bags and fairing (I think the PO left some of that fairing as a streak down a road somewhere) - and thanks for the help taking that engine out of the parts bike and the great conversation - I had a great time!! ... I got the engine covered and the tools put away - so 90% covered by the time it rained.

The rack came off a 79 CX500C ...

#91 · (Edited)
FREE! 1985 CB450 SC Nighthawk frame. No title. It is stripped. Just frame, shocks, swing arm. No wheel, engine, etc. May have triple tree on it. You have to come get it. Call dibs and PM me if you want it.

***** GONE BABY GONE!*****

#93 ·
I still have the rack if anyone is interested. It came from a '79 CX500C. It has some rust and a couple of holes drilled through one of the bars where someone had a box or something mounted.

Free + cost of postage (or even cheaper if you can pick it up).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.