Honda CX 500 Forum banner

I need Parts: The Beggers Thread

210K views 1K replies 372 participants last post by  ribbit 
#1 ·
I need a master cyl. Cost? Thanks ray

#59 ·
I'm looking for the system lights from the instrument cluster. I'm probably phrasing that wrong but it has the neutral, temp, turn signal indicators. My bike is an 82 custom, but I'm not picky about keeping it original. I would even be into a broken one with the right wire harness so I could hook up my own lights. Let me know if you can help out, thanks.

#69 ·
Need an ACV diaphragm, doesn't have to be in great shape. I would take one with a crease or hole in it—just need it for the gasket since I'm bypassing the ACVs for now. One of mine is just so sticky and gummy (probably cheap rubber) that I'm afraid of it disintegrating and ruining all my carb cleaning. :D

I would pay shipping, of course.

#70 ·
#71 ·
I have a bent and broken one you can have, but the postage is likely to be expensive. You can have the gauge for free, if you want to pay the shipping.

#73 ·
Anyone have Keihin air mixture screws? i need 4 of them... PM me.

#76 ·
For my 83 GL650, I'm looking for a Winker Plate (flat bolt with hole for mounting the blinkerwinker) - (PLATE, RR. 33601-MA1-000)

Also looking for the small rear cowl section. (COWL, RR. *R114CU* 77310-MA1-000ZA 001 / COWL, RR. *NH125MU* 77310-MA1-000ZB 001)

I'd be happy to pay shipping etc to Utah.

#81 ·
You should be able to get a brand new oil filter bolt at any local bike shop for about what it would cost to have someone mail you one. Many of them have been ruined because people who don't know what they are doing tighten them with socket wrenches with handles that are way too long and then the heads become rounded off at the next oil change. They were used on a lot of models too so they are commonly available through the aftermarket (which means you don't even have to go to a Honda dealer if something else is closer).

#85 ·
Some aftermarket oil filter housing bolts have larger heads (larger wrench size), recognizing the tendency of folks to overtighten them I guess. Many assemblies on our bikes are O-ring sealed, meaning once the rubber o-ring is compressed there is nothing to be gained by overtightening, and much to lose! Oil filter housing, valve covers, carb bowls, intake manifolds, etc. I love O-Rings! And they are reusable for a long time.

#86 ·
Yeah. I generally replace the rings that come with the filters about every 2nd oil change so I have accumulated a few unused ones over the years. Lately I have been using these Oil Filters They look the same as Hiflofiltro and have held up OK so far but they don't include the o-rings so I am starting to use up the surplus.

I have no problem with people changing to spin on oil filters but I drive on dirt/gravel roads a lot so I feel it is probably better for me to stay with the original heavily armoured design

#104 ·
Lately I have been using these Oil Filters They look the same as Hiflofiltro and have held up OK so far but they don't include the o-rings so I am starting to use up the surplus.
I use Hiflo filters, and they never come with o-rings. :confused: I'm still using my original.

R

#87 ·
so if you follow my build, you will see that iv gone and buggered up my caliper at the bleeding nipple and now looking to adopt a new caliper to replace the messed up one, I promise ill treat this one with lots of care and feed it lots of Dot3 when it need it, if anyone can help please let me know, also i can pay of course for your trouble of looking through your extra parts box/ shipping, cheers
-Sean (1979 cx500)

#88 ·
Hi,
New here, so I think this is the place to beg, but If anyone in Ohio, has an old frame and title, I'm looking for one. I have an 82 CX500 Trident, with no title. I followed the breadcrumbs back 3 prior owners, and no one has had one. The trail went cold, after that. So, to appease the BMV, I need a new headstock and title. I thought about raking the headstock anyhow, so it should be a simple fix. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.