Honda CX 500 Forum banner

I need Parts: The Beggers Thread

210K views 1K replies 372 participants last post by  ribbit 
#1 ·
I need a master cyl. Cost? Thanks ray

#126 ·
Hey Guys.
Im looking for parts for a 1982 CX500. Its an Australian model with a CX500E engine. I am in real need of a good stator (apparently it uses the same on as the cx650), and the black pick ups that fire the engine and the NEC that they work with.
Other parts I need include camshaft, cam chain gear, shifter pedal, electric parts, spark leads, clutch metal plates (not the friction ones),. I am looking for non rusty and good condition parts.

I will be very grateful for any parts sold to me to help me bring this bike back to life.

I am willing to pay for all shipping and even an affordable rate for the parts.

Gas Machine Metal
Gear Auto part Wheel Tire Tool accessory
Auto part Rotor Tire Automotive wheel system Wheel
Auto part Automotive engine part Tool accessory Suspension part

#130 ·
FoglesvilleJoe has reproductions, but you'll need to paint it.

R

#129 · (Edited)
I am still looking for a lid for the right side pocket for a Honda fairing (the hard cover) with or without lock, any condition, free or cheap (because I'm cheap) and preferably from someone who will mail it without using a USPS flat rate box (because they cost too much).

BTW: Who did I promise a set of fairing vents to? I now have a pair in good working order from the fairing Greycat gave me that I can send you.

#132 ·
I just replaced mine with a Chinese one off Amazon, its not bad for 30 bucks. My old master cylinder is OEM, leaks, and has the mirror mount drilled out by the previous owner. Its sitting at my friend's house and you'll probably need to rebuild the master cylinder which will cost you about the same as the replacement one i bought. But if you are interested pm me and i can ship it to you assuming my friend hasn't chucked it out yet. If its a few bucks to ship don't worry about paying me.

#137 ·
I am also interested in a Cx500 custom seat or seat pan. I'm interested in trying some things out but mine is in good shape and I'd hate to cut it up. I'm not worried about the condition of the fabric or foam, just the pan really. Let me know if you have something, thanks!

#140 · (Edited)
Sent you a Package ...........:cool:

#150 ·
Superglue is brittle.

Better to use black Shoe Goo. Clean the surfaces with isopropyl first, for better adhesion. If the boot is dry and brittle, saturate it with a rubber conditioner like Armor All before the isopropyl.

R

#148 ·
Looking for insulator from cylinder head to carb. My right one is leaking. Are the parts the same on GL and CX? Any help is appreciated.

I have a 82 GL500

#151 ·
#149 ·
I can help. I have front signals. Wasn't going to use anyway. And I think My rears are not broken too.

#153 ·
Armor All might keep the glue from sticking.
That's what the isopropyl is for -- to degrease the surface.

I used this technique to patch the boots on the GL1100 air shocks I mounted on the Grub several years ago. They were hard as stone, but the Armor All softened them nicely. They've held up better than I had expected, and are just now getting to the state that they'll need attention again.

R

#155 ·
Yes .......crazy Reg :p suggested this a while ago,I have had my GL650 done for two years ,so far so good,mine were not cracked yet ,but I was trying to keep them good and out of UV rays etc.

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive fuel system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.