Honda CX 500 Forum banner

I need Parts: The Beggers Thread

210K views 1K replies 372 participants last post by  ribbit 
#1 ·
I need a master cyl. Cost? Thanks ray

#2 ·
Murry,
Would you have a right side fairing mount mirror?

#3 ·
Hi, Murrayf

NC is not exactly around the corner from Indiana, where I live, but I have friends living in NC.
I was just wondering if you could take just a couple off pictures of the fairings you have, so I can at least see what it is all about.

I,m also looking for a couple of things that needs to be replaced on my GL500i.

1. the Right hand assemblebracket with the engine shut off switch and starter switch
2. boot for transaxle joint ( i link )
3. Windscreen
4. Fairing edge trim right side ( trottle side )

If you have any or all please leave me some note and some prices.

Thank you

Camillus

#28 ·
I'm not going to use the fairing edge trim on my trike and may still have the right one laying around. Did you get Item 4 or not? Send me a PM with shipping address & I'll scrounge around to see if it's still here (I seldom throw such things away!)

#6 ·
Please Help Me I need Parts: The Beggers Thread

So we have a thread on here for Free Parts that Nice Folks are willing to give, here is a spot for People who need parts to ask for help. Please at least be willing to pay the shipping, this is a forum not a charity. Now It's helpful to have the Year and the model of your bike in your signature or at least in the post when asking for parts. Good Luck and Happy scrounging. :)

Reactions: JesterV
#7 ·
I need to get rid of a few things will check back to see what parts the members need .

Used to fee bay but they pretty much take the profit out of the deal.

Would rather give it away than pay thru the nose to make them richer than they already are.

Make better money with mechanical and tech. work on various machines.

Fee bay came to about $2 an hour.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
;)

*Moderator Note* Thanks Tom, I've merged the threads. Joel in the Couve

#9 ·
I have a want ad on the forumhttp://cx500forum.com/forum/selling-buying-forum/26668-81-custom-parts-needed.html, for parts for my '81 custom. Victor (VC3) has kindly offered to collect everything up and send it to me as one package, rather than lots of smaller packages, as the cost of shipping within the States is nothing compared to the cost of shipping from there to Australia. I am more than happy to pay for shipping, and a bit for the parts as well, but the budget is really limited on this bike.

Thanks Guys

David

#10 ·
*Moderator's Note* I have merged the two common threads, with all posts intact as posted originally. I will check to make sure continuity remains, and if necessary, cull unnecessary posts.

Joel in the Couve

#13 ·
No need for me on that count. If the matter has been resolved, just edit your own post. Bottom right is a tab to edit. Besides, if there is a member who supplied you, perhaps they'd like to be recognized.

Joel in the Couve

#15 · (Edited)
Victor has sourced everything I need and is getting it all organized for me, so a big 'thank you' to him. Thanks also to Condo and Fogelsvillejoe for their replies.

#906 ·
the guy who posted he "was going to " redo the boots never has done any that he has shown

the last time he posted he was not even using the right temp range of rubber yet

cx500 intake boots can still be purchased

david silvers spares carries them
Wow An awesome site! My oil filter adapter came last week. Will put it on the GL650 at the firs oil change. Thanks!

Honda Parts at David Silvers

#20 ·
I'm thinking about picking up beat GL650 from a friend. Cheap. I think murrayf has pretty well talked me out of an engine swap into a '78 frame I have, so I'm starting to look into repairing the GL. How hard would it be for me to find a good set of forks for this bike, and how much can I expect to pay if I can find them? Some very serious pitting/rust has rendered them useless. I'm just doing some research in advance of buying the bike... what I learn might make me say forget it.

#21 ·
firsy off so you know i use a lot of gl650 front ends so if i can buy it i will

next the gl650 fork tubes are starting to age and corrode and pit so i have been starting to just replace them when i rebuidl

you should consider contacting fork by frank

Home Page

new tubes from him are heavier and made out of newer better materials and he stands behind them for defects for life

franks is legend in the business i have had him make me tubes for just over 120 each that is cheap for lifetime of trouble free suspension

#23 ·
Need a front Master Cyl, if possible.

#25 ·
After investigation, I have found that it will cost as much or more to repair my '81 Custom tank than it will to buy a replacement and have it shipped to Australia from the States.

I need a tank for a Custom, prefer the bigger tank if possible, will pay for shipping, and for the tank. I would prefer a complete tank with cap etc., and (obviously) in good condition- no leaks, major dents, or internal rust. Paint doesn't matter as the bike is being re-painted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.