Honda CX 500 Forum banner

turbos for sale

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  edinlr 
#1 ·
#4 ·
oh yeah-it is easy for sure:) I've been working exclusively on the cx500 for the past 12 months-assembling and dissasembling at least 15-17 bikes-and up till today it doesn't seem easy...but i think th turbo's are easier:) they gotta have less parts in them or something...

#5 ·
Yeah right,

Anyone want to buy the Statue of Liberty from me - I'll even deliver it

This will require a discussion over the phone to move it along so please call or send me an email with your phone number as I will not be replying to emails.

#7 ·
I just checked Mapquest and it is 2500 miles each way, guess I can't just drive by to inspect them. "oh honey, get in the truck we are going to look at a bike (or four)."

#8 ·
I love the use of stock photos too. Usually when I go see one with that kind of picture it has thirty years of grease, mold, rust, and mouse poop on it. Truth in advertising might be a good idea here.

#9 ·
I did go and see these bikes 2 years ago. Dave has a lot of stuff. I have nothing bad to say about him,actually a nice guy.I did try to obtain this collection but could not come to a agreement.
My personal assesment is its going to be a lot of work to put them together . Just to inventory the parts will take some time. If anyone is interested pm me your phone # and i will call, if you are in Canada or US. (Original lead for these came from Pete Kroll )
Bofud

#10 ·
Sorry,

I'm quite sceptical when the information - however brief - doesn't seem to match the photos -if it is genuine - the seller is not doing himself any favours by not putting a bit better effort into descriptions and obviously current photos to match that description might assist in the sale.

#11 ·
bofud, maybe a good deal could be made with Dave 2 years later? For me, I don't think it would be easy to get the 4 machines assembled and working properly. But having lived on Saltspring Island in a past life, I totally recommend to anyone to visit this beautiful island and see what he has to offer. Take the spousal unit and enjoy the ferry ride!

#13 ·
Maybe when we leave Bonneville in a couple of weeks I can turn left instead of right and head up there. Wonder how I convince my wife to bring her passport for a trip to Nevada.

#15 · (Edited)
Boris warned me about the outrageous ferry charges, but that is nothing compared to what my wife would spend if I even thought about buying more bikes. Having said that, I am glad they are 800 something miles out of the way, rather than on I-40, on the way home. I was told that the bikes have been stored outside, so these are hardly show bikes, more like part bikes in an out of the way location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.