Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Relisting: Titled 1979 CX500 Deluxe with 1980 CX500 Deluxe parts bike $435

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  VC3 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD THROUGH CRAIGSLIST.........................

Having lost contact with my forum-member "buyer", I'm relisting my two project CX's for sale.

I have to thin out my CX herd and pass these project bikes on to someone who has more energy to work them into a café or tracker project.
Bike one is a titled (in my name to the engine) rolling frame with engine and starter. Mileage, according to the owner was around 40K. Cam chain adjustment looks good. Stator, pickups and advance pulsers are within spec for a Deluxe (5/9 reads 313). When I got the bike it had clean oil and coolant. I haven’t started this engine as there are no carbs on it and the electrics were stripped off and sold on EBay by the previous owner, who has a small scale salvage business.

Bike two isn’t titled but is a 1980 Deluxe that has all the electrics, carbs, etc. that the rolling frame lacks. I have started and run the engine but it ran rough due to very dirty carbs and a bad low speed source coil in the stator (5/9 = 0). All other stator, pickup and advance pulser values are within spec and the cam chain adjustment looks good. The ’80 has a Deluxe tank, CDI, regulator, instruments, etc. No seat.
Local pickup from my storage unit in Holmen, WI only. You will have to be able to load the bikes on your own as a health problem prevents me from helping , so bring a friend. I have loading ramps. Serious inquiries only please. Here's a link to the entire Photobucket album on these bikes:

Project Pair 1 Photos by clarkve3 | Photobucket

And here's a few pictures:

VC3

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks.....actually, this is round three......I'd "sold" them once before to a different forum member who also apparently changed his mind.

I've got the bikes posted on Craigslist locally and in Madison and have had some interest. If I don't get any takers by Monday I'll also put them up on DTT.

Victor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.