Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Thinking of hosting an Ignitech group buy

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Cobram 
#1 ·
As the title says. I need one and looks as though others do too. Guess I would need commitments and I would place an order based on that quantity. If people are interested, PM me by 9-10. Based on that number I can let people know what they will cost and then decide if they really want to commit. I am ready to get mine back on the road. I guess Cobram usually does this, but based on his response to the sticky has a lot of other stuff going on.

Mods...if I have done anything out of line please let me know.

#2 ·
I won't claim to speak to what the other Mods think of this, but as far as I know, there is no exclusivity to Cobram for this type of program. If your position alllows you to fill the gap while he tends to other matters, I see no issue.

Joel in the Couve

#4 ·
Is that S.A.E or Metric $h! we are talking about?

#9 ·
We are organizing a groupbuy on the CX500 forum in the Netherlands at this moment (link) which is interesting for ppl from Netherlands, Belgium and maybe Germany/UK. Been thinking about a way to combine it with a (existing?) groupbuy on this forum but that would be too much of a logistic challenge for me. Unfortunately.

#10 ·
Did this post make any motion? I'm new to the forums, but I've seen clear evidence that Ignitech is something that can do nothing but benefit my bike. I would be interested in know more about your group buy, its its something you are looking into for sure. If a new one was $220, I can only assume it will be less than that. I will start gathering the money now and hope to hear back.

#13 ·
I say go for it.

The only thing I get out of these buys is the occasional call from homeland security verifying that the Ignitechs can not be modified for missile use, and the chance to contribute a little back to the fellow members of this board and the CX/GL fraternity.

I have been doing small orders and keeping them on hand until they run out. About half those showing interest drop out or go MIA once the units arrive. I did a few cash up front buys, life is too short to ever do that again.

I will be putting in a small order soon, but will only be around to handle shipping them out etc. towards the first or second week of Oct., I'll only post after the order's in with Ignitech.

If you get this going first, I can give you names of a few people who have contacted me with interest in one.

I can also email a copy of my installation instructions so you can print and include them with each unit too.

Decent price break kicks in at 10+ units, riding season is pretty much over for the majority of riders on this board who might want one. Holding off until Spring adds six or more months to the factory warranty period.

PM me directly if you have any questions or need any help setting this up, the intent is to make the Ignitechs price accessible to as many CX'ers as possible.

JiMi, buying direct yourselves is the only way to do this over there because of the customs and import fees and restrictions. I have shipped units to Euroland, most got through with little notice by the tax man with the exception of the UK, Greece and Italy, they seem hell bent on extorting every nickle possible out of anything sent to those places.

#15 ·
Bravo, Steve, for giving your blessing to a member to fill the gaps. The membership here is always full of miracles.

Take to mind too, that Ray has his unit in Murray's wheelhouse, as does Phreak, so other options exist. Lest we not forget Andy. Nice work, all of you!!

Joel in the Couve

#17 ·
Thank you for all who had interest. It is not quite enough to make a significant difference. Cobram will be making another group buy soon and his pricing is much better. So I think it is all our best interest to go through him. Thank you for the ones that replied. Sorry it did not work out.

#18 ·
I have contacted Ignitech and am awaiting a return invoice to get the next buy going.

I will put up a new stickied post in this forum when I receive a confirmation of the order.

#22 ·
The units for a Fall/Winter 2015 are on order.

I will replace the current Summer buy sticky in buying/selling when I get some spare time or they hit US customs, usually within 2 or 3 weeks of order.

No need to contact me now, I will post the ordering page when they're here. Saves me a lot of time that way and there should be enough for everyone who wants one this time around.

Tentative price for this buy will be U$150.00 delivered to USA address, price will not be etched in stone until they clear Customs in the off chance there are any new fees or taxes enacted since the last batch.

Reactions: nolimitz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.