Honda CX 500 Forum banner

CX500 Custom Tools FS

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sweetbeats 
#1 ·
Hey I've got a few tools I made or acquired specific to the CX500 series, probably some of the GLs too.

Cylinder Auto part Metal

Anyway, I have:

A fork seal driver made from the specs in the FSM out of aluminum. I used this to install one set of fork seals. $20 plus shipping?
Auto part Metal Cylinder Pipe Aluminium foil

A valve tappet screw driver...to hold the tappets while you tighten or loosen the lock nut when doing a valve adjustment; this is custom made, but nicely done. *This is for the square-head tappets, not the slotted tappets*. $10 plus shipping?
Wood Cylinder

I have a cooling fan puller bolt; didn't make this one...it is the proper size metric bolt to remove the cooling fan from the camshaft nose. I'll throw this in for free if you buy one or more of the others.

Get both the fork seal driver and tappet screw driver for $25 plus shipping and get the fan puller bolt too. Such a deal. Send me a PM if you are interested.

See less See more
#2 ·
*bump*

#4 ·
FYI the valve tappet screw driver is spoken for.

The fork seal driver and cooling fan puller bolt are still available. I'll throw in the puller bolt if you buy the fork seal driver. *NOTE*, the fork seal driver is for the larger 35mm for tubes. I don't know if this will also work for the 33mm tubes. I had a machinist turn it to spec out of the FSM...don't remember the tool reference number in the FSM, but it is detailed in the 1981 supplement. I can look later to get that detail if anybody wants it.

#5 ·
*bump*

fork seal driver is still available.

#6 ·
Bump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.