Honda CX 500 Forum banner

GL650 Gl500 Stock Hard Luggage Cases Saddle Bags

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SLiM 
#1 ·
I have no use for these and looking to clean out the shed. They are in rough shape. Chrome parts have rust. Hinges seem good, and cases are not cracked that I can see. The seatbelt style latches on the back work fine. The larger problem is I no longer have a key to them. They are empty and one has a screwed up keyhole that I never got open to start with. Make me an offer on them. Shipping would be from Panama City, FL 32404. Thanks. Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Fender
Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car Subcompact car
Vehicle Car Classic car Bumper Sedan
Payphone
Pink Purple Magenta Machine
Pink Machine

See less See more
#3 ·
Some perspective - they'll need a lot of elbow grease and spare time and golden pennies to renovate . I am too far off on the southern end of a prehistoric continent, but I'd be interrested if they can go for ZAR 1000, shipping and handling and VAT included. No top box ? If you can not sell them, why don't you just clean them and use them for storing tools and smaller stuff under a work bench in the shed, rather than dumping them ?

#4 ·
Izak, you are worse than I am about saving things. I may be a hoarder but I really hate to see anything
that is even marginally useful be destroyed. I have lots of Honda parts that I will never sell or use
but I still hang on to them, you know, just in case..... you should see the useless crap in my shop
that I can not dispose of. I grew up in a poor family and it marked me for life, waste not want not???

#5 ·
Yes Old Okie. I do not think it is a disease. It might be an anoying habbit or irritating condition, but I have many times presented some friend or foe with stuff that they need urgently to finish a specific job out of the mess in and around my cabin .... :big smile:

#6 ·
I'm in the process of restoring my wife's GL650... I will be getting all the Tupperware repainted... I might be able to make use of these (her bags have some cracks and damage)... Can I get a ball park price (including shipping) to 21225 zip area... Thanks much,

#7 ·
Well I can't use them as storage cases because I have no keys to open them. And I only have an 8x12 shed. So space is a rare commodity at times, so I try to stop and clean it out every time I realize I'm tripping over stuff. And these are just as of no use to me. I've even resorted to putting a few things in the tent/garage cover thing that covers my bikes/pwc/etc.

I've yet to see any cracks in the cases, they are somewhat usable. I know shipping these big things are the cost problem. I'd like to get $10 out of them for them time of packaging them and driving them to the Fedex or somewhere. And no one seems to live close to me in 32404 to come pick anything up, lol.

Believe me if I had lots of room I would just stack them into a corner until a need was presented, like some of you guys.

#8 ·
Since the cost is determined by weight, dimensions and distance. what I recommend is to pack them in the smallest box possible (even if you have to make one) and then have the box weighed. In fact, have it weighed by a nearby post office if possible. With dimension and weight in hand you can go to a shippers web site like USPS and determine exactly what the shipping cost would be to probably any location. Anyone shows interest they're all packed up and you're moments away from a quote. This is particularly helpful when its one of those fairings that seems to be always underfoot like some sort of cat. No more cursing, Buh bye...

#9 ·
I weighed each case with my bathroom scale and combined the weight. Was 12 something lbs, so say 15 lbs when packaged. The ox will be about 22" x 15" x 20" That is the size of both cases with an added inch to allow for a little bubble wrap and cardboard. Quotes seem to range from $35-50 across the US. I sell on ebay, if anyone uses ebay I can throw up a listing there with a $10 buy it now. And should be able to save a few bucks on shipping given you get a 20%-ish discount with ebay.

#10 ·
PM sent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.