Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Sidecar Bob's Custom Shirt Shop (shirts, mugs &c)

25K views 85 replies 21 participants last post by  Sidecar Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Text Font Banner Signage Vehicle registration plate

(click to visit store)

When I started this store in 2016 I had only 2 designs and a total of 4 products. As of editing this in 2021 there are 2 dozen designs (more than half CX related) and I stopped counting the number of products they are available on.

New links for store (Aug 2021)
Canada: https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.ca
US: https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.com
Australia:
https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.com.au

If you like a design but would prefer to have it on a different item let me know and I'll add it.
If you have an idea for a new design let me know and it may just show up in the store.

My first 2 designs:
Font Logo
Wheel Font T-shirt Illustration Vehicle

See less See more
#54 ·
New this month:
One click support for international languages & Currencies. Well, it only works for Canada (both languages), the US and Australia for now but other countries will be added later.
Note: This means that the page defaults to US so if you want Canadian or Australian prices you need to click the language tab that says English (United States) at the bottom of the page.

As many of you already know, 2017 is the 150th anniversary of Confederation (when Canada officially became a country instead of a bunch of colonies). They had a contest to design a logo and it was won by Ariana Cuvin, a second-year student at the University of Waterloo. I have finally received approval from the Minister of Canadian Heritage to use the Canada 150 logo within a double circle (I contributed the circles) on products in my shop. These products will only be available in 2017 so if you want one order it now.
The shirts will look like this
T-shirt Clothing Leaf Sleeve Tree

And this month's promotion
Text Font Yellow Line Brand

#55 ·
NEW DESIGN!!

You may have noticed a new image in my signature recently and some of you may even remember the 99% patches I had made a few years ago. I have adapted the design for use on shirts &c
T-shirt Clothing Yellow Top Font

Remember that you can choose any design in the shop on any colour of shirt (or any other product)
Text Font Yellow Orange Brand

#59 ·
Last call for the Canada 150 graphic. My license to use the emblem has ended and I will be removing it from the shop at the end of the month.

#60 ·
Text Aqua Font Turquoise Teal

• Run time: February 22nd — February 25th
  • Coupon code: 15OFF18
  • Cannot be combined with other discounts or coupon codes. Only valid in Spreadshirt’s Partner Shops.

#61 ·
New Design: I call this one Frogbike. Its a frog riding a bicycle. What more can I say? It was created in memory of Matt who loved frogs and loved riding his bike.
I have produced a dark green version for use on light coloured backgrounds and a pale green version for use on dark backgrounds. As always, they can be ordered on any of the available colours.
T-shirt White Clothing Active shirt Sleeve

I haven't been posting the promotions here regularly because they show up on the store automatically now but here's this month's

Attachments

#63 ·
#65 ·
NEW DESIGN ANNOUNCEMENT

I mentioned a while ago that I was thinking of adding a SilverWing emblem to my shop and Doug said I should so I scanned a SilverWing emblem and a GoldWing emblem (makes sense to do both at the same time) and started working on the artwork. I have produced 3 versions of the SilverWing (plain, GL500, GL650) and 4 of the GoldWing (plain, GL1000, GL1100, GL1200)

They are in the shop now https://shop.spreadshirt.com/sidecarbob/ just in time for you to
SAVE 15% on all orders from Feb 20th-24th (no coupon code needed)

As always, these are low resolution sample images (the originals need to be reduced to fit on shirts) and the background colour is only for display purposes. They are available on a wide variety of products (hats are finally available) and you can chose from a variety of garment colours.

Attachments

#68 ·
Email from Spreadshirt this morning:

Due to an executive order to cease all non-essential business in the state of Pennsylvania and Nevada, both our production facilities have been temporarily closed. Businesses who ignore this will be faced with civil penalties and revocation of business licenses.

Unfortunately this means, that we currently cannot process any orders of your customers for your .com, .ca and .co.au Shops.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but the safety and health of our employees and their communities is our top priority during this challenging time. We’re confident that we can get through this together and appreciate your patience.

#71 ·
It can be done but not until the production facilities re-open.

If I was going to add a picture of a bike to my shop I would require a clear picture with the actual image of the bike at least 2000 pixels wide and a very neutral background which I could crop away without too many hours of work. To put things in perspective, when I did the CX engine picture I hung a white sheet behind the engine and lit it from both sides and the pics still had too much shadow so I had to pile boxes & blocks of foam around the engine with the sheet covering them and take more pics. After that it only took a couple of hours to remove the background and clean up the edges of the image and another 2 or 3 to touch up the pic, draw a black line around it and generally make it good enough for reproduction 10" or more wide on the front of a shirt.

If all you want is to have a favourite pic of your own bike taken in a location that means something to you printed on a single mug for your own use it would be easier for both of us if you were to open a Spreadshirt account, upload the pic, create a product for it on the mug style of your choice (they have about half a dozen), order one and after it has been produced delete the image.

#72 ·
There are many sites that will do a custom mug pretty cheap w just a photo if that is what is desired. We have a few that were gifts and look very nice. Are they top quality pro photos no. But it is just a mug after all. I do like your shirts and understand the effort, but if I drop a mug and it breaks? Oh well S--t happens

#73 ·
Yeah, I don't personally make a lot on the stuff in my shop. I do it mostly to share with friends. I'm happy if I sell enough of a design to pay for one for myself.

#75 ·
New update: Spreadshirt is open for business but some products (including posters, some cups & mugs, hats & bags) are temporarily unavailable and there will be no promotional offers for the duration.

We’ve now reopened both of our factories in the United States (hooray)! After legal clarification by the Nevada and Pennsylvania governments, we are now able to operate our facilities by enacting strict health and safety guidelines.

By keeping our production employees at a distance of 6 feet, sanitizing surfaces at the beginning and end of shifts, and promoting hand washing, we are able to both keep our employees safe and resume producing orders for your customers. Here is the full list of safety guidelines from the CDC that we will follow.

As you know, the situation surrounding COVID-19 is very dynamic and can change quickly. Please note, that while we were able to reopen our factories there are still a few things that will stay the same. For example, we will temporarily not be running any promotions on Spreadshirt.com. Additionally, you can expect delivery times to be longer than normal.

We are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our production employees and their communities and are happy to see products run through our facilities again and land safely at your customers’ doorsteps. We’ll certainly keep you up to date on anything that affects you and your customers.

For our EU platform: As of today, in the EU our factories are operating normally.

#76 ·
Hi Bob,
Picture of bike on mug , sounds painfully time consuming. Once Covid 19 done with will see if there is a company local to get a mug made. Thanks , hope all is well Gerard

#77 ·
I wouldn't spend that much time preparing an image that would only be printed a couple of inches high on a mug one time but if I put it in my shop it would need to look good on a t-shirt up to 10" x 12".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.