Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Sidecar Bob's Custom Shirt Shop (shirts, mugs &c)

25K views 85 replies 21 participants last post by  Sidecar Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Text Font Banner Signage Vehicle registration plate

(click to visit store)

When I started this store in 2016 I had only 2 designs and a total of 4 products. As of editing this in 2021 there are 2 dozen designs (more than half CX related) and I stopped counting the number of products they are available on.

New links for store (Aug 2021)
Canada: https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.ca
US: https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.com
Australia:
https://sidecarbob.myspreadshop.com.au

If you like a design but would prefer to have it on a different item let me know and I'll add it.
If you have an idea for a new design let me know and it may just show up in the store.

My first 2 designs:
Font Logo
Wheel Font T-shirt Illustration Vehicle

See less See more
#30 ·
There was something truly strange happening with those pics. I added them in the normal way but when the page refreshed after I clicked Post, instead of seeing the pics I saw the names of the attachments, but when I clicked them the pics opened in new windows. I tried editing the post to make the pics appear but they were there in the previews so so I figured it was just this computer being flaky. I found the same thing tonight but just to be safe I checked in the attachment manager and they weren't there. Curioser & curioser. Anyway, I deleted them from the text box and uploaded them again and this time they seem to have taken.

Re Poodle Bikes: Have you ever noticed how some people think its cool to take a perfectly good poodle and give it a ridiculous frou-frou trim that makes it look more like a topiary hedge than a dog? And then they have contests to see which of them has imposed said embarrassment upon their poor dogs the most perfectly? :vs_shrug: A Poodle Bike is a bike that has been modified in a similar manner, usually by someone who copied the work of others without understanding the how & why and figured "if some is good more must be better" (this is how ape hangers were invented).

#31 · (Edited)
This month I am introducing my first design that is not specifically bike related. As some of you may know, I mostly listen to Surf Instrumental music while I am working on my bikes so it does sort of tie in. Here's my first Surf Music design. I call it Surf Dreams
X-ray Water Organism Jaw Medical imaging

Order now and the shipping is free
Text Heart Font Pink Love

#32 ·
That would look interesting as a tank paint job for a Poodle bike. :cool:

#33 ·
I think you misunderstand what I mean by Poodle Bike. Not all modified/customized bikes are Poodles, just the ones that are done purely based on looks with no understanding of how the end product will work.

Come to think of it, though, I could see that on a gas tank :vs_nod: or even on a sidecar :cool:

#34 ·
I get the Poodle concept fine, I just said it would look
interesting
on a Poodle bike tank.

#39 ·
Hey Bob,
This may have been asked/answered before, but do you have a presence on FaceBook for your merchandise?

#40 ·
Nope. I don't do Facebook. It is the Hotel California of the Internet and I want nothing to do with it.

#41 ·
I've never heard that analogy before, but it is fairly accurate, and I can understand your stance on it. It was just a thought.

#45 ·
Text Balloon Font Party supply Circle

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for CX/GL or 4 cylinder GoldWing related images that are suitable for being turned into shirt graphics. If you have good, clear pic that you took yourself (& therefore own the rights to) please PM or email me.

#46 · (Edited)
How good of a example do you need

I have a black 1 decent orig.Black W/ Blue Gold

Orig. Stripes Cleaning Buffing everything now.

Left side is starting to look decent.

Necked except for crash bars an passenger

hoops/crash/leg protector things.

Some subtle changes Honda parts from

other models and yrs.

I'll give a quick shower and take pix

unless u like it dirty.

If u want.

Took out for a ride around the block this morning.

1977 2MP good enough ?

The CX500C looks O.K. too

Look @ my saved images.

There's my CX500 Standard Cafe Project before

middle and now (no forks)

#47 ·
Criteria for shirt graphic:
1) Is it a pic you think others would like to buy on a shirt?
2) What is the background like? If there are other vehicles around it or buildings or objects that might confuse the viewer I can't use it. The ideal background would be a solid single colour like the sky but how often do most of us get to take a pic like that?
3) It must be in very clear focus and show the subject clearly.
4) I need at least 2000 pix wide after cropping so I prefer to start with at least 3000 pix wide.

#49 ·
Yes. And if/when you order make sure you buy the $16.99 one instead of the $21.99 one. The more expensive one is the "Men's premium t-shirt" which has a Spreadshirt label in the collar. It is a good shirt but I do not believe it is any better than the less expensive Fruit of the Loom shirt. Also, most of them allow you to chose from a range of shirt colours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.