Ignitech Winter/Spring 2017 Group Buy.
Close

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ignitech Winter/Spring 2017 Group Buy.

Ignitech Winter/Spring 2017 Group Buy.

Mar 14, 2017

All units in this buy have been sold.

A new Group Buy order with be placed with Ignitech, likely delivery date will be beginning to mid April.

Ordering info will be posted here after the units have arrived and are ready for delivery to buyers.

What is it, what is it good for, and will it work on my bike?

The Ignitech unit replaces the factory CDI unit on 1978-1981 CX500 motorcycles ONLY.
    It nullifies the HV windings connector (white/blue) coming from the stator; it operates on 12 volts. If your bike is cutting out around 5500 RPM's because of a bad stator, this will eliminate the problem without having to replace the stator.

If your stator is not charging the battery, it must be replaced before you can upgrade to the Ignitech. With the Ignitech installed, if you want a bit more juice or your original stator has failed, the more expensive dual winding CX stator (G47) can be replaced with the later less expensive and higher output GL500 stator (G8).

The Ignitech is a replacement for the OEM CDI unit; it is NOT a miraculous device that will cure all your bikes ills.

The Ignitech comes programmed with an improved ignition-timing curve. Many switching to the Ignitech report improved running with the Ignitech vs the OEM CDI.

The newest OEM CDI out there is 30+ years old, it's a crap shoot whether the CDI or stator CDI windings will give you notice or will fail suddenly. I personally wouldn't trust an OEM CDI unit as far as I can throw it. There are many riders who are happily tooling around with the original CDI in the bike, and may do so for years, YMMV.

Any doubts as to whether it fits, installation etc., ASK on this board, do a search of this board and you will find numerous posts, as a last resort- PM me. ;-)

The unit comes complete with CX500 software installed and a PLUG/PLAY wiring harness,
    no modifications to your motorcycle or wiring is necessary. Simple easy to follow instructions are provided.

IDENTIFICATION:

Verify your ignition type. There is a small chance early CDI engines may have been swapped for later TI engines, and '82 is a split year for the CX500 Custom, some early '82's had CDI ignitions.

If your bike has either of the above pictured boxes, it is a CDI system and the Ignitech unit will replace it.

If your bike is equipped with the silver modules marked "NEC" shown below , it is a TI system, and the Ignitech will not work on your bike:

Last edited by Cobram; 03-14-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    Motomicah and JAKcx5c/vt11 like this.
    1978 CX500 X 2
    1982 GL500I

I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got here, or how I'm going to get out.

Four wheels move the body; Two wheels move the Soul.

I'll sticky this Steve.

Do you still need the late 2016 thread stickied? Or at all?
    Cobram likes this.
    Rebuilding Handlebar Switches

http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/CXPHREAK/library/Switchgear%20rebuild?sort=6&page=1

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

GET A MULTIMETER RTFM I am a CX500. If you maintain me I will run forever.

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/inde...itle=Main_Page

I un-stuck the previous, per request.
    CXPHREAK likes this.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.

G-Loria's Story I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands.
    Forum Settings that everyone should make
    Photo posting tips!

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cobram, I tried to submit using the attached link, I filled out the requested info but the submit "button" appears to be unresponsive as I just receive an error message.

Thank you for the explanation, invoice paid
    Last edited by SLiM; 01-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    1982 GL500 -- Original Owner
    1980 CX500C -- THE THING -
    1979 CX500C -- Mrs. SLiM's $200 resurrection.
    09 Vstar 250 -- Very nice starter bike for those who want to get wife or GF riding.
    88 KZ305b -- Sons first bike, He left - Bike stayed.

Past bikes
    1969? Honda 100
    1972 Harley Davidson sprint -- never ran
    78 KZ400 -- First new Bike
    80 CX500c -- Purchased new when I was 20, Traded in for current GL

I confirmed that error myself as well, even though I don't need a unit. Perhaps JC can help on this, as MotoFaction is his baby.
    I'll let him know about this.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61

Photo posting tips!

JC
    The emails appear to be coming through OK but there's an error message in place of the success one. I'll take a look at that today. Sorry about that.

I got the same error when I tried to submit early this am. I ended up just sending PayPal to the email address cobram gave me via PM.
    Last edited by sbaugz; 01-22-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    1980 CX500 custom

Quote Originally Posted by ramprat06 View Post
    I confirmed that error myself as well, even though I don't need a unit. Perhaps JC can help on this, as MotoFaction is his baby.
    I'll let him know about this.

There seems to be a glitch on this (used Google Chrome.)
    I tested before I posted, and I got the same thing (504 error), I chalked it up to me leaving the link open, as I received an email from my link test.

I received two requests in my inbox from Slim and 2 others, evidently they had this problem too. So it SEEMS that the request goes out even though there is a 504 error.

On your test request ramprat, I only received one email.
    Thank you for sticky'ing and unsticky'ing the threads too Joel.

I'll PM JC about it, he's the one who setup the ordering page.
    EDIT: Seems we were typing at the same time JC.

I've been having a few other small issues with the site, but have used workarounds like typing replies into a NotePad box and then copy/paste to the board.
    1978 CX500 X 2
    1982 GL500I

I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got here, or how I'm going to get out.

Four wheels move the body; Two wheels move the Soul.

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobram View Post
    There seems to be a glitch on this (used Google Chrome.)
    I tested before I posted, and I got the same thing (504 error), I chalked it up to me leaving the link open, as I received an email from my link test.

I received two requests in my inbox from Slim and 2 others, evidently they had this problem too. So it SEEMS that the request goes out even though there is a 504 error.

On your test request ramprat, I only received one email.

I'll PM JC about it, he's the one who setup the ordering page.
    EDIT: Seems we were typing at the same time JC.

I've been having a few other small issues with the site, but have used workarounds like typing replies into a NotePad box and then copy/paste to the board.
    In terms of using Chrome and replying on cx500forum.com if you clear the box and hit "enter" first the spacebar works again. Sometimes it works for me to just hit enter first before typing anything and spacebar works again, sometimes not. Seems to be a glitch that occured after it moved to Verticalscope's servers - probably an update...

Thanks, but Phreak gets the sticky award, I just unglued it.

Age 61

Photo posting tips!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links