Last year I bought a set of GL500 Interstate bags. One of the latches is damaged from someone who wanted in without a key. So I need either a bag with the latch intact and functional or a complete latch (both the latch and the catch as both were damaged.) Would love to find someone close to WA state to keep shipping costs down as much as possible. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how my GL500 looks with the Interstate side bags mounted up.
1982 GL500 (not the Interstate)
- To Do list:
- Buy and install a windshield or fairing. Slipstreamer Hellfire looks pretty nice.
- Buy and install hard panniers from a GL500i or similar. Bought Aug 2016. Need replacement latch and all keyed same as rest of bike.
- Replaced fan. Old one was cracked around the hub. Found OEM fan new online and it was an easy install. Done April 2017.
- Install connector for Noco Genius charger Done June 2016
- Learn to check/adjust tappets and chain tensioner. Done July 2016.
- Replace leaking fork seals. Installed July 2016!
- Buy and install a throttle assistant like a 2Wheel Ride Go Cruise or Crampbuster. Crampbuster purchased July 2016! Got a wide one and had to trim it down.