Ignitech Spring 2017 Group Buy.
Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ignitech Spring 2017 Group Buy.

Ignitech Spring 2017 Group Buy. CLOSED

All Units are spoken for, this group buy is closed.

IF you filled out the contact form in the last day or two, sorry. If you didn't receive a PayPal invoice from me, you'll either have to wait for the next buy or order direct from Ignitech.

I may be hosting another one soon, keep an eye on this board.

There is one invoice out, if I don't hear back from this person soon, I will get in touch with the next person who filled out the online form with an invoice.

What is it, what is it good for, and will it work on my bike?

The Ignitech unit replaces the factory CDI unit on 1978-1981 CX500 motorcycles ONLY.
    It nullifies the HV windings connector (white/blue) coming from the stator; unit operates on 12 volts. If your bike is cutting out around 5500 RPM's because of a bad stator, this will eliminate the problem without having to open the engine and replace the stator.

If your stator is not charging the battery, it must be replaced before you can upgrade to the Ignitech. With the Ignitech installed, if you want a bit more juice or your original stator has failed, the more expensive dual winding CX stator (G47) can be replaced with the later less expensive and higher output GL500 stator (G8).

The Ignitech is a replacement for the OEM CDI unit; it is NOT a miraculous device that will cure all your bikes ills.

The Ignitech comes programmed with an improved ignition-timing curve. Many switching to the Ignitech report improved running with the Ignitech vs the OEM CDI.

The newest OEM CDI out there is 30+ years old, it's a crap shoot whether the CDI or stator CDI windings will give you notice or will fail suddenly. I personally wouldn't trust an OEM CDI unit as far as I can throw it. There are many riders who are happily tooling around with the original CDI in the bike, and may do so for years, YMMV.

Any doubts as to whether it fits, installation etc., ASK on this board, do a search of this board and you will find numerous posts, as a last resort- PM me. ;-)

The unit comes complete with CX500 software installed and a PLUG/PLAY wiring harness,
    no modifications to your motorcycle or wiring is necessary. Simple easy to follow instructions are provided.

IDENTIFICATION:

Verify your ignition type. There is a small chance early CDI engines may have been swapped for later TI engines, and '82 is a split year for the CX500 Custom, some early '82's had CDI ignitions.

If your bike has either of the above pictured boxes, it is a CDI system and the Ignitech unit will replace it.

If your bike is equipped with the silver modules marked "NEC" shown below , it is a TI system, and the Ignitech will not work on your bike:

Last edited by Cobram; 05-21-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    1978 CX500 X 2
    1982 GL500I

I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got here, or how I'm going to get out.

Four wheels move the body; Two wheels move the Soul.

Slick, looking forward to my invoice
    Ben likes this.

Submitted my request
    81' CX500C
    NKY area

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looking forward to getting the bike back on the road.

Awesome just sent request!

I don't know, I imagine it depends on how many units he has versus how many orders he gets/has gotten. He will post here when he sorts out the first to last list. If he has enough for your request, you'll probably get an email with the invoice included. If he doesn't have enough for you this time, you'll need to wait for the next group by (probably summer or fall).
    G-Loria's Story including Part III > I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands. Part III included at the end of the link.

Forum Settings that everyone should make

Photo and Video posting Tips

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's
    with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

TAPATALK USERS--
    Please go into the Tapatalk app's settings and turn off the "auto signature" feature. Thank You.

It is up to you, but I might hold out for a week if I could, and see how it fans out in the current group.
    If you do go to them directly, be sure you ask them specifically for one for a CX500.

Just to add, the current group buy price might close to double if you go the direct route.
    G-Loria's Story including Part III > I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands. Part III included at the end of the link.

Forum Settings that everyone should make

Photo and Video posting Tips

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's
    with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

TAPATALK USERS--
    Please go into the Tapatalk app's settings and turn off the "auto signature" feature. Thank You.

Got my order in i looking forward to getting back on the road

Received my ignitech. Installed it in 3-5 min and bike is running great, thanx again.

No problemo, glad a few more CX's have been brought back from the dead.
    1978 CX500 X 2
    1982 GL500I

I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got here, or how I'm going to get out.

Four wheels move the body; Two wheels move the Soul.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links