MODERATOR - Suggest adding HOW TO section in TURBO ZONE
Close

MODERATOR - Suggest adding HOW TO section in TURBO ZONE

Hi,
    I would like to recommend that the forum Moderators consider adding a HOW-TO section to the TURBO zone. I see this was done in the non-turbo zone.

Furthermore, based on what I see in a different forum I am on, I would like to recommend that items be submitted to the moderators, so they can review the technical content, who can then preview the instructions and add them to the HOW TO section. This will prevent duplicate information and help keep the HOW TO section nice and clean. This is not meant to be a discussion thread, but rather a place to document common tasks that have been tried and true by current and past forum members. THe HOW TO section in the other forum I visit is very nice and handy. If you saw it, I really think everyone would like it.

We can have things like a) HOW TO PERFORM A CAMSHAFT SENSOR UPDATE USING LX579 SENSORS, B) HOW TO PRESS OUT/IN MECHANICAL SEAL USING SIMPLE TOOLS YOU HAVE AT HOME, C) HOW TO ADD A BLOW OFF VALVE, d) HOW TO MAKE A NEW AIR FILTER, e) HOW TO ADD A OIL COOLER TO YOUR TURBO .........., the list goes on and on.

You could even have subcategories like MAINTENANCE, SUSPENSION MODS, PERFORMANCE MODS, SUBSTITUTE PARTS ... or whatever you like. You may even consider creating sections to MIMICK the sections in the manual.

Just a suggestion, you wont hurt my feelings if you dont do it.
    Current Bikes: cx500t1, cx500t2, cx500t3=UK version, cx650t 1979 CBX zx750E1 (750 turbo#1), zx750E2(750turbo#2 -parts bike but planning to completely rebuild), zx750E1(750turbo#3 -high performance build, shooting for 150HP), 1973 H1-500, 1974 H1-500, 1974 H2-750, 2014 BMW K1600GTL-Exclusive, 1984 Honda Interceptor 1000:blob10:

Previous Bikes: CB500T, 1974 Kawasaki 900 z1, 1989 Yamaha Vmax, 2008 HD soft tail custom

Not a bad suggestion, but this would be an Admin function, at least setting the sections up. The Mods could preview and edit content within the sections and threads. I'm not sure about that being a mandatory thing or not. I don't know how many of us Mods are savvy in the Turbo world, I sure am not.

I will move this to the Site Help and Support section so it's visible to the Admins by notification.

By the way, there is a Turbo Technical Section in place already, if that suits you better.
    Last edited by ramprat06; 01-05-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.

G-Loria's Story I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands.

Forum Settings that everyone should make

Photo and Video posting Tips

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's
    with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

We have given you a technical section and a garage wall page in addition to your original base page. I of course don't have the final say here but I would have no problem with the turbo boys having a how to page.

Which brings me to something I've been meaning to bring up with you fellers for a few months. - Would you like me to transfer your existing threads to the appropriate new boards? I have done this for the custom section but haven't gotten to you turbo fellers yet.

I will do whatever your consensus of requirement is. I just need to know what you actually do want rather than being heavy handed and just doing it when it may not be the boards wish.
    Rebuilding Handlebar Switches

Rider 81 500C, Thingy Born a 78Z. Ozdeluxe born an 80 shadow.

GET A MULTIMETER RTFM I am a CX500. If you maintain me I will run forever.

http://cx500forum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's with addendums

4. Remove Advertisements
    CX500Forum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Setting up a How To section is a simple matter. The more complicated, and demanding, part is the time and effort required of you guys to populate it properly. If you guys are willing to devote that effort, we'll be glad to open the section...though it sounds like CXP is willing and able

That sounds good to me, and I'm willing to at least be a proofreader. It sounds like it's worth a shot at any level.
    May the myriad of wheels in your head, keep the two wheels between your legs rubber side down.

Age 61
    No more stable, no more ride for me.

G-Loria's Story I miss her dearly, but she is in good hands.

Forum Settings that everyone should make

Photo and Video posting Tips

The WIKI link for all the good tech stuff. including free FSM's
    with addendums

Larry's most excellent CX/GL Carb book link

Sponsored Links