Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Traveling to VA Beach

4K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  mava 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd mention I'm traveling to Virginia Beach next week. Anyone over that way?

Unfortunately I won't be able to hang out since I'm attending a conference though.

#6 ·
Hi, mava. I'm one of the three members in this area that Erik mentioned. Been helping him with a few issues on his bike. Like Erik said ...let us know if you've got any free time while you're here. It would be great to get together. When will you be here? Hopefully, I'll be getting my Ignitech module in time to get my bike fully functional. Dan

#7 ·
I'll be in VA beach (this is next week) Wednesday night and Thursday night, heading home Friday. If I'm not too busy with conference stuff, it might happen, but it's all day and I don't know if there will be unofficial business in the evening or not yet. If not, I might be interested in meeting up for dinner or something?

#9 ·
Thursday night is good for me. Where will you be staying? I'll look for a place for a place to meet.

#10 ·
So Thursday. I'm staying at the main strip on the beach, whatever street that is. I wouldn't mind getting out of that area. Any good seafood places?

By the way, I'm 25. Don't know your ages or if ya'll want to hang with a 25 year old, but I'm down for dinner and standing around staring at each other's bikes. Mine has never met any of its 'siblings'.

#11 ·
haha, I am laughing about the age because I am 22 and decolvin is... on the other side of the spectrum.
Age is not much of a factor, but we do joke about it on occasion.

Yeah I am up for anything, any place for food is fine. Riding around town or sitting around shootin; breeze is always good too.

I will leave the food choice to decolvin, he knows far more about the area.

Gnight!

#12 ·
I'm gonna feel like an old man! Eric's even younger than you are, I think. Seriously, though, age is not an issue. Most of the people I hang around with are half my age. Mainly because most of the people I know that are my age turned into hermits at age 50.

I'll find us a place to go away from the high-priced tourist traps at the beach. What kind of price are you thinking of? I have a couple of places in mind, in different price ranges.

Eric: Do you have any preferences?

Maybe we can even get the other guy around here to come out.

Of course, the weather could screw up the whole thing up. This whole week looks iffy for weather.

Dan

#14 ·
There used to be a good seafood place in Pungo, which is in western Va. Beach, close to Chesapeake. Haven't been there in over 15 years, though, and I can't remember the name. I do know it's a good distance from Atlantic Ave. Let your fingers do the walkin' and you can probably find something you'd like to try!

#15 ·
Cool, sounds like everyone's open to a good time. Weather doesn't look terrible as I look at Accuweather so I hope it stays that way.

I am kind of a 'foodie' but all that means is that I like really great food (and I love great beer, though I won't be drinking much of it since I'll be riding everywhere I go), simple or fancy, and most of the time I like a simple local place that serves great food. And since I'll be close to the sea, good seafood sounds ideal. So if there's a place that is good all-around that would make sense.

For example, this place looks great but a little fancy: http://lynnhavenfishhouse.net/menus/dinner/

This place looks good and just south of 'steep': http://www.rockafellers.com/menuDinner.html

This place looks like it has a better range: http://www.bubbasseafoodrestaurant.com/dinner.php

I guess most of these places are more expensive than I'm used to since it's the beach. Although I'll be stag and I'm used to paying for two! Does that mean I can eat twice as much?

But I'm leaving it up to ya'll since you live there. And I'd be up for a little cruise before we eat if we wanted. Let's get a head count by tomorrow and someone come up with a place by tomorrow so that there's no guessing

#17 ·
My conference should be wrapped up by 5pm. I'll want to head back to my hotel then probably for a little bit. Depending on the location I imagine shooting for 6:30ish would be good unless there's any objection.

By the way, my name is Matthew.

#19 ·
I get off work at 6:00. & I'll need to go home (15 mins tops), change clothes, meet Eric, & head for the beach. We're probably looking at 7:30. What hotel will you be staying at?

#21 ·
I've managed to get the OK for leaving an hour early tomorrow. Eric will be meeting me at my house at 5:30 & we'll head your way shortly thereafter. We should be there by 6:30-6:45. If the weather goes to hell on us, we may be in my truck. I've picked out a little seafood place for dinner, but they don't stay open late, so I propose a stop at a local watering hole on the way back after dinner. They cater to bikers. I'm also going to extend an invite to txsboi1222, who lives in Norfolk, to join us.

#22 ·
Made it back guys. It was good to meet you.

Not sure how my bike is though. The temp gauge was reading high the whole way. Didn't really have much of a choice in stopping though.

#23 ·
Glad to hear your return trip went well. It was probably a bit warmer today than it was the day you rode out here. I would expect the temp gauge to be a little higher. It didn't overheat into the red, did it?

Maybe after I get Eric over his slight anxiety about getting on the interstate, we can cruise out for a tour of your stompin' grounds. Keep safe, Matthew.

#24 ·
It was warmer, but, something's up. I rode it last summer when it was close to 100F and the gauge didn't get this high. It never went red, but it got damn close at stoplights and I know that's not supposed to happen. Gonna check on a few things I guess and see if I can figure out if its the reg or thermostat. If not those I imagine that's what you call FUBAR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.