Right hand carb a pain in the arbs!!
Close

Hi everyone,long time no visit,many other problems here with computer and the connection,if you ever move to phils never get"smart bro" broadband the connection is lower than a snakes belly, many days only 60kbps ...i mean 60 kbps not 600 or 6gb,now i have had my moan ,the serious business is my carbs.I have stripped and cleaned them on several occasions but even now after a small run the right hand carb overflows gas when i stop,and i dont mean a drip it floods out,twice now i have had to change the oil as it has flooded the crank cases aswell,luckily i check the oil every day first thing!! i know for sure the jets are clean and there is no crap in the carbs,the bike runs sweet when i riding but when i stop after a few seconds sometimes up to a minute,she starts to flood the engine,on some occasions she has shown no sign of flooding but then the next day the crank has been full of gas and oil!!The sliders are slightly worn,i have polished them and they move smoothly when i have tested them,i have changed the floats and the float needles also,i need some good advice on how to make things better without having to buy new carbs as i have little money now,and i think it would be hard to find any here also,Thanx in advance for the help i know i will get from this excellent forum,full of excellent members,but i cannot promise a quick reply,Thanx again.

Quote Originally Posted by saltigar View Post
    Hi everyone,long time no visit,many other problems here with computer and the connection,if you ever move to phils never get"smart bro" broadband the connection is lower than a snakes belly, many days only 60kbps ...i mean 60 kbps not 600 or 6gb,now i have had my moan ,the serious business is my carbs.I have stripped and cleaned them on several occasions but even now after a small run the right hand carb overflows gas when i stop,and i dont mean a drip it floods out,twice now i have had to change the oil as it has flooded the crank cases aswell,luckily i check the oil every day first thing!! i know for sure the jets are clean and there is no crap in the carbs,the bike runs sweet when i riding but when i stop after a few seconds sometimes up to a minute,she starts to flood the engine,on some occasions she has shown no sign of flooding but then the next day the crank has been full of gas and oil!!The sliders are slightly worn,i have polished them and they move smoothly when i have tested them,i have changed the floats and the float needles also,i need some good advice on how to make things better without having to buy new carbs as i have little money now,and i think it would be hard to find any here also,Thanx in advance for the help i know i will get from this excellent forum,full of excellent members,but i cannot promise a quick reply,Thanx again.
    try putting back the needle$& seat that came out of one of the carbs,( in the faulty carb )re cheak float level ....

had same problem ...chinese parts!!!!!!!!!!!!

the oniy thing that will do that is a faulty needle or a dead float. Was it doing this before you changed the float? if not as mentioned before put the old float / needle back in and try it. If it was doing this before, you have the kind of luck I do. Check the floats , make sure they don't leak. put a clear hose on the overflow tube on bottom of carb, hold tube up so it goes up past the top of the carb. open the drain and watch to see what happens. should fill yube to just about the seam where bowl meets body. sounds like you have bad needle/seat. Now you said you changed the needle and float but have you cleaned the seat? a piece of scotchbrite or fine paper twisted in there even toothpast on a Q-tip should do the trick.

have heard of aftermarket carb parts being a crap shoot, so try and clean the OEM ones.
    1969 Mini Trail z50 my toy

1982 Mini Trail z50 my other toy

1980 cx500c Under clean-up to ridable condition

1979 cx500c Parts bike

1986 xl600r Finished bare metal frame up resto

Sponsored Links